Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an immediate requirement for a Solution Consultant to join our Energy, Optimisation and Innovation team based in Melbourne. This role will form part of our maint.ai solution initiative.
We are looking for individuals who get a kick out of working closely both with our clients and with our best business, digital and technical domain experts, to drive real decarbonisation and optimisation outcomes for energy, mining and public infrastructure assets.
The successful candidate will join an assembly of global talent that is shaping powering successful digital transformation in a practical, tangible way.
About the role:
- You will work within a client project team of 5-8 business, digital and deep domain experts focusing on rapid and sustained value delivery in maintenance, production, reliability, inventory and emissions .
- This includes end-to-end consulting from business casing, dynamic asset management system design, OT infrastructure and data strategy, AI model generation and solution deployments that optimise for and automate multiple areas.
- Our final artefacts gravitate towards providing digital solutions including artificial intelligence and physics models that continuously look to add value through operations .
- To maximise impact, you will use your proven change and transformation skillset to drive the change adoption and embedding of these solutions within our client's business
- Through implementation, you will also help to develop the proven Wood Accelerate^ toolkit to expand our collective knowledge base and develop new digital solutions to better help our clients.
- Demonstrate understanding of the client's overall problem and quickly generate frameworks or solutions for the team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team and international environment, proven team player
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in any environment
- Passion for solutioning, customer success and support
- Discuss issues beyond immediate scope of the project and build lasting relationships
- Test and understand client's organisational dynamics (using surveys, focus interviews and other consulting tools) and adapt behaviour accordingly
- Analyse data (e.g. reports, surveys, products, market) leveraging data analytics tools with minimal supervision from senior colleagues, for product development/management purposes as well as for client support work or for product implementation
Please note, that we will only accept applications from Australian citizens or those who currently hold Permanent Residency (PR) visa for Australia and do not require company sponsorship to work lawfully in Australia.
Skills / Qualifications
It takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact Wood has on the global energy sector. As a member of the team you will demonstrate:
- Ideally 2+ years of industry work experience providing advanced analytics solutions, or 3+ years consulting experience focused on operations, and/or growth initiatives
- Advanced degree in engineering, mathematics, physics or any other discipline with a quantitative focus
- Demonstrated deep technical and data science expertise, acute strategic and analytical skills, ability to lead and persuade, drive and energy, and desire to work in a project based environment on strategic issues.
- Experience in management consulting, large-scale change management, turnaround and restructurings, M&A, integrations and IB is a plus
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytical and conceptual problem solving; comfort with quantitative analysis and accounting principles
- Ability to understand the perspectives of varied stakeholder groups and comfortable with working at multiple levels within an organisation
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Willingness to travel
- Experience in DevOps and machine learning
- Experience in packaged software implementation, end user training on software applications, end user support, or related activities
- Experience in financial modelling is a plus
Experience with the following highly desirable:
- DevOps: Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, Terraform, unix-based command line
- Full stack development: GraphQL, React
- Data: SQL, Spark, Hadoop
- Data Science and machine learning (Pandas, Scikit learn)
- Deep learning (Tensorflow, Keras)
- Cloud: Azure/AWS
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.