Skills: HR - Recruitment
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Responsible for providing staffing services to divisions and associates. This individual will perform full recruiting sourcing, attracting, identifying, and qualifying potential candidates for top positions in a designated multi-location region.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform searches for qualified candidates according to relevant job criteria, using computer databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources, cold calls, media, recruiting firms, and employee referrals.
- Participate in interviews such as preliminary phone interviews, in-person interviews before presenting final candidates to Hiring Manager for consideration.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with employees, managers, government agencies, educational institutions, and outside community groups.
- Screen and refer applicants to hiring personnel in the organization, making hiring recommendations when appropriate.
- Develop strategic recruitment plans to improve selection rates and success per hire.
- Coordinate and attend hiring events such as job fairs, military bases, and technical schools.
- Maintain accurate and well-ordered documentation on all candidates, searches, hiring managers interactions, and other recruiting activities to ensure a safe and thorough audit if required.
- Coordinate recruiting, selection, interviews, and employment process for the purpose of meeting staffing requirements while complying with established guidelines.
- Use creative methods for talent acquisition, including discipline-specific job boards, social media and networking.
- May participate in other company programs related to talent acquisition.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilties.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED); Associates or Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) experience in a staffing role with demonstrated expertise in high volume recruiting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical recruiting experience including Information Technology and Aerospcae and related disciplines is requied.
- A self-motivated individual who has adapted to today's virtual environment; self-disciplined to work remotely, close enough to commute into the office(s) when required.
- Aerospace recruiting experience strongly preferred.
- LinkedIn Recruiter expertise.
- Quick learner with ability to excel in fast paced environment with little supervision.
- Experience providing innovative solutions to difficult position requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
The position will be Hybrid - Primarily Remote work; Employees are expected to be able to travel to their designated office as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.