Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Job Description & Requirements
- Experience with complex, innovative algorithm design and math-intensive software development in C/C++.
- Strong foundation in geometric modeling, computational geometry, CAD, FEM or computer graphics.
- Experience with numerical optimization techniques.
- High standards for code quality, maintainability, robustness and performance.
- Evidence of achievement in academia or industry.
- Requires completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Geoscience, or similar discipline, and a minimum of 6 years of related experience, which includes software development and algorithms.
Duties and responsibilities shall include:
- Under general supervision, provides technical leadership while maintaining the ability to advance development expertise by designing, coding, testing, trouble-shooting, and documenting engineering systems applications.
- Assists in scoping and costing of technical solutions.
- This role will have responsibility for identifying and filling technological and functional requirements needed by the organization, or the project.
- Ensures that the technical solutions produced meet the accepted technical standards.
- Supervises development, QA, and/or other technical staff members. Manages the development team and potentially outside consultants in coordinating project design and milestone reviews to ensure on-time, on-schedule, on-scope delivery.
- Responsible for staffing and career development within the team.
- Utilizes project management skills and tracking tools in the organization and execution of project assignments.
- Executes tactical action plans according to department goals and objectives.
- Contributes technical leadership and provides technical guidance in the area of expertise to the delivery of the product.
- Incorporates reliability analysis and promotes optimum use of development tools and standards during the design process.
- Ensures re-use of technical components and reduced duplication.
- Possesses understanding of the supported PSL's technology and broad understanding of the associated development tools.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available from Tech Prof- Technology, Ld to Tech Prof Leader - Technology, Sr.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N Sam Houston Pkwy E , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 132818
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.