Skills: Project Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Candidates will be the leader of the information management and platform technologies domain and responsible for the strategic objectives and execution of the products portfolio plans that support growth, innovation, and excellent customer experience.
Desired Personal Qualities:
- Strong passion for serving and understanding the market and our customers
- Interpersonal skills to work with cross-functional teams
- Excellent creativity and communication skills
- Analytical skills to determine impactful user experiences, market effectiveness and the return on investment (ROI) of products
- Strategic thinker who can see beyond the day-to-day activities to help drive superior customer experience with the products and reach our sales goals
- Under broad direction, responsible for management of one or more product family within the Technology Business Line.
- Responsible for the successful development of new products as well as the product life cycle management for their assigned products.
- Prepares the overall business strategy, investment model, vision and scope of the products in your domain
- Accountable for solution adhering to application security standards and requirements.
- Delivers regular updates to Solution Owners on security metrics of solution(s).
- Assists sales and operations in the roll-out, training and success of their products and provides technical content as needed.
- Partners with Engineering for Product Development and drives Commercialization process.
- Establishes partnerships and relationships with internal and external customers, third parties and industry thought leaders.
- Responsible for the packaging, pricing and marketing of said product families.
Preferred Knowledge and Previous Experience:
- Requires an undergraduate degree in Marketing, Science, Mathematics or Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in technical product domain (information management) which includes experience in software product management.
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Experience in Agile software development methodology
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available from Principal Product Specialist to Product Manager or Sr Product Manager.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N Sam Houston Pkwy E , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 149278
Experience Level: Apprenticeship
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.