Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The quality control inspector will be required to comprehend specifications to determine testing / inspection procedures and equipment to be used. The candidate must be able to read dials or digital displays, compare results with specifications and record test / inspection data, confer with engineers, technicians and production personnel. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to perform dimensional checks and visual verifications of raw material, fasteners, fabricated and machined parts including coating to acceptance criteria. Document and track non-conformance reports / material. Ability to work with minimal instruction and supervision.
- Responsible for performing inspections on materials, products, assemblies, sub-assemblies.
- Ability to read drawings, comprehend specifications and tolerances, read dial indicators and digital gages, compare results with specifications and record test data, confer with engineers, technicians and production personnel as necessary.
- Demonstrate advanced ability to perform dimensional checks and visual verifications of fabricated and machined parts to acceptance criteria.
- Uses measurement, test equipment and functional gauges to determine if product meets all stated requirements.
- Validate the quality of machined and fabricated parts, and assemblies in terms of dimensional accuracy and visual verification according to acceptance criteria.
- Prepare and provide inspection reports for NDT such as MPI, LPI, hardness testing and PMI.
- Understand and adheres to requirements of Gauge Calibration including performing internal calibration on measurement devices held.
- Interpret inspection results
- Advises on and assists in developing and modifying existing procedures and providing results.
- Mentors or gives technical guidance to junior inspectors and technicians.
- Performs a range of tasks with autonomy and may act as a cross departmental technical lead.
- Applies a range of techniques and standards autonomously.
- Shall be utilized as subject matter expert in quality control techniques.
- Often serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems.
- Ensure all existing working procedures, practices and systems are followed.
- Ensure in date calibrated measuring equipment is used for performing inspection
- Must have a thorough understanding of advanced measurement techniques, and a basic understanding of Statistical Process Control
- Issue, investigate and track non conformance records ultilising relevant SmartSolve modules.
- Shall be capable of completing inspections, such as: FAT, SIT, FAI, In-Process, Final, Receiving inspections
- Work as a team member when performing or witnessing inspection anor testing for internal and external customers, third parties, customer's inspectors, and engineering / manufacturing representative.
- Displays advanced professional communication and interpersonal skills when exchanging information with peers, line managers and external representatives (e.g. 3 rd Party inspectors).
- Assist in developing and improving quality system procedures, work instructions, flow charts and associated process improvements.
- Uses safe material handling and preservation techniques, such as, operating a forklift and jib cranes, packing/preservation to prevent deterioration or damage.
- Product identification responsibilities include verification and / or physical product marking for traceability
- Support the customer satisfaction and loyalty processes.
- Support the organization's drive towards excellence in Health and Safety performance.
- Support includes but is not limited to participating in STOP observations, reporting HSE observations, attending HSE related meetings, supporting HSE improvement projects and any other related task deemed appropriate by the Manager.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- This position will report to the Quality Manager.
- Experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 requirements
- Knowledge and experience in the use of advanced quality inspection techniques
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel..
- Technical qualification (HNC / HND, SVQ)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of ISO 17020 and ISO 17025
- Knowledge in NDT methodologies - PCN qualification in Magnetic Particle and/or Liquid Penetrant
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.