Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Various US, US
Wood is looking for a Senior Quality Manager to drive quality management principles, systems, and measures with a focus on improving delivery efficiency, customer satisfaction, reducing potential risks and rework, whilst aligning to our overall business strategies and objectives in our Projects Business Unit (BU). This person will also e nsure effective implementation and compliance of the Wood Business Management System and compliance through a structured assurance program.
This position supports measures that ensure predictable delivery and continuous improvement using performance data to make factually based decisions, and engages and presents information and data to senior leaders to enable preventive interventions.
This position is responsible for multi-discipline quality management teams across the Americas. Written and spoken fluency in both English and Spanish is required.
The key accountabilities and responsibilities for this position include:
- Continuous Improvement initiatives across their organization.
- Identification and regular engagement of key stakeholders to promote Quality and gather feedback on performance.
- Management of and regular engagement with their Quality teams ensuring competence assurance, objective setting and performance appraisal and sharing of best practice.
- Effective planning and allocation of resources enabling delivery of agreed objectives and deliverables.
- Driving the Wood Business Management System (BMS) across their organization ensuring application is effective and that compliance with the system is routinely monitored, assessed, and improved, as necessary. Facilitates external BMS certification as appropriate.
- Ensuring consistent and effective implementation of Quality supporting systems across their organization.
- Planning and execution of risk-based assurance plans including the escalation of significant findings to senior leaders.
- Monitoring and analysis of delivery performance data, regularly reporting themes and trends to senior leaders and undertaking intervention as required.
- Gathering and acting upon customer feedback ensuring action is taken to maintain and improve customer satisfaction.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree/Diploma or local equivalent in quality management or related discipline (essential)
- Lead Auditor qualification by recognised industry body (essential)
- Membership of CQI/ASQ Quality organizations, Project Management Institute or country specific (desirable)
- Formal training in recognised root cause analysis techniques (essential)
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- 15 + years relevant experience (Preferably in the associated industry).
- Comprehensive understanding of ISO 9001, ISO 19011, and Wood auditing protocols
- Proficient in the analysis of processes and data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- High level of English and Spanish communication skills; both written and spoken formats
- Proficient in the use of continual improvement tools and techniques
- Leads by example
- Passion for quality management
- Excellent planner and organiser
- Analytical, problem solver and systematic thinker
- Excellent inter-personal skills and team player
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.