Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Reliability Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to support NASA's new xEVAs Space Suit design development program. Working under minimal supervision this individual is responsible for technical analysis of aerospace software/hardware to ensure customer (e.g. NASA, DOD, etc) requirements for safety and reliability are being met, while working as part of an integrated product team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with product development teams to perform technical analysis of flight and ground support systems to resolve safety related design issues and to ensure customer safety requirements are incorporated into the design for various mission phases.
- Provide system safety support by performing hazard analyses, failure modes and effects analyses, preparing safety review data packages, and generating fault trees. Guide program managers through phased safety approach, ensuring safety milestones are met, designs include sufficient hazard control, and test programs include necessary safety verifications
- Develop Hazard Analysis and FMEAs for complex systems to identify potential safety issues, develop and improve system architecture to prevent or mitigate identified potential safety issues. Analyses are performed at each level of system design to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, and maintenance.
- Participates in safety review boards, test safety programs, design reviews, system safety working groups, trade studies, etc. Prepares document data deliverables that are complete, accurate, and compliant with customer and contract requirements.
- Works with OSS engineers and Operations to support and provide documented outputs for project activities within OSS. Perform JSEAs, Hazard Analysis and Safety Review Forms for various tests at OSS and attend/present at Test Readiness Reviews.
- Performs Reliability design analyses - Reliability, Maintainability and Availability studies.
- Contributes to the Government and Industry Data Exchange Program (GIDEP) activities and advises/consults the Quality engineers for disposition.
- May perform other special duties as required by the Product Assurance Manager.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering/scientific/safety field or equivalent required. Professional engineering/system safety credential(s) preferred. 3-8 years experience safety-related field with emphasis on performing system safety hazard analyses.
- Experience in Structures and Mechanisms, Power Systems, Pressure Systems etc.
- Knowledge of NASA system safety policies and procedures. NASA flight safety review process experience. Expertise with NASA specifications SSP 30599, SSP 30309, SSP 50021 for ISS safety support.
- FMEA/FMECA and Fault Tree Analysis experience necessary. Strong knowledge of Safety, Reliability, and Quality Assurance principles and processes are a must. Candidate must possess superior ability to interpret requirements and standards to develop strategic initiatives to assure safety and quality.
- Demonstrated ability to lead team members in the development and operation of critical systems, and to work with customers to ensure successful implementation of system safety programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in team environment as lead or team member.
- MUST be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.