Skills: Project Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Project Coordinator role will assist the Project Management team in the Offshore Projects Group (OPG) with project requirements, execution, and offshore operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Project Managers and department personnel to manage multiple projects, activities, and associated resources.
- Consult with project staff to outline work plan.
- Provide project support by developing, maintaining, and reporting on project progress.
- Produce any required schedule analysis for those projects and/or deliverables, as required.
- Distribute monthly reports, presentations, procedures, proposals and general documentation requirements.
- Liaison with managers and engineers to discuss the progress of the project and address any issues that arise.
- Assist in the development and the maintenance of all forms, work instructions and processes.
- Assist in the planning and completion of required ongoing maintenance set up for large Systems in Peoplesoft.
- Assist with project Kick off, Risk assessments and planned mobilizations of projects.
- Coordinate with 3 rd party vendors and subcontractors, as required by PM.
- Enter requisitions, track parts after receiving and carry out inventory on received parts.
- Assist in the organization and maintenance of OPG project data.
- Assist in ensuring close-out of projects/entry of lessons learned.
- Assist in the development and the maintenance of all OPG forms, work instructions and processes.
- Ensure that the project maintains complete and concise communications.
- As required go offshore on projects to guide offshore teams and assist in project execution, .
- As required travel to other OII locations (including, but not limited to, Morgan City) for equipment maintenance, testing and preparation oversight.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft software-Word, Excel, Access and Project .
- Strong organizational skills.
- High level technical understanding of OPG equipment/systems and their general function.
- Working knowledge of document control systems and project desi gn .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures as directed.
- Strong communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.