Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for an Internal Control Manager to support our Consulting Business Unit. This role can be based in Aberdeen, Glasgow or Staines we recognise the value of remote and hybrid working so are open to applications throughout the UK.
This role will drive the development of financial governance, risk & internal control in Consulting as a key business partner to the businesses and an integral part of the Consulting F&A leadership team. The role has overall responsibility to drive improvement in financial governance, raise risk awareness, improve financial risk management, support the strengthening and streamlining of controls within the business and facilitate financial process improvement / efficiency.
This key role:
- Works closely with the Business Grouping VP F&A, Financial Controller and BU F&A President to help raise awareness of minimum financial control standards
- Responsible for coordination of the Internal Financial Control Questionnaire and process to ensure gaps in control are followed up and addressed
- Leads the roll out of financial policies within Consulting providing support for the dissemination and awareness of financial policies
- Leads the governance of balance sheet control including balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide training and general awareness sessions to F&A functional teams and Operational / Project teams to embed policy and financial control requirements
- Works with Business Grouping VP F&A to improve and simplify current processes and controls through automation, consistency of process etc.
Internal Financial Control
- Overseeing the completion, reporting and follow up of the Finance Risk and Controls Matrix ("RACM") and Internal Financial Control Questionnaires within the BU
- Dissemination within the BU of certain Group Finance policies such as updated credit risk policy
- Overview of actions to prevent and clear overdue actions, including Internal Audit actions
- Lead various internal control, process improvement and optimisation, or other projects as directed by the Financial Controller or F&A President
- Train and coach the business on financial governance, risk and control, or other related topics
- Integrating businesses / operations into the business unit's governance, risk and control framework to promote a global model
Balance sheet governance
- Balance sheet governance site visits and desktop reviews, focusing on balance sheet reconciliations
- Overall BU balance sheet analytical review at each quarter end, based on Smart view reports pulling data for key Consulting entities / companies
- Monitoring of compliance across the BU with balance sheet reconciliation completions through review and challenge of quarterly self - attestations
- Overall control of HFM month - end agreements for the BU
- Overview on timeliness of Oracle intercompany invoice settlements
- Ensuring HFM contacts listing is kept up - to - date for Consulting entities / companies
- In conjunction with the Consulting F&A leadership team develop and oversee a programme of prioritized process improvement projects with clarity on challenge, need for change, benefits and investment required
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
- Experience working on an ERP system, ideally Oracle
- High proficiency in Excel and experience in MS Office
- Ability to work well independently
- Excellent self - management and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills essential for regular interaction with F&A team
- Confident to challenge on issues and proactively find solutions
- Part or Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA) with 7+ years' experience
- Understanding of internal control framework and underlying accounting principles
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.