Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, AB, United Kingdom
In Halliburton, we are driven by collaborating and engineering solutions to maximize asset value for our customers. We are looking for new talent to join us to execute our value proposition and continue leading the Energy Evolution with innovative technologies and sustainable solutions:
- From Drilling and Evaluation (D&E) providing field and reservoir modelling; drilling; assessment; and precise wellbore placement solutions to Completion and Production division.
- Executing Geothermal development programs which is a sustainable and renewable source of energy.
- Providing insight and expertise to select and analyse the subsurface of a CO2 storage project and to manage & minimize risk and uncertainty.
- Delivering technology and expertise to facilitate safe and efficient operations worldwide for all oil & gas well's plug and abandonment challenges.
Moreover, we execute while strengthening the economic and social well-being of the communities where we operate.
We have a vacancy for an Experienced Slickline Operator in Wireline and Perforating, working onshore and offshore in Continental Europe and the United Kingdom.
Wireline and Perforating is one of Halliburton's Product service lines that focuses on Formation evaluation, Well-intervention and Plug & Abandonment in Oil & Gas and New Energies market.
What can you expect working with us?
- Our commitment to personal and career development through exciting opportunities to achieve your full potential.
- Our values guiding us in everything we do: integrity, safety, collaboration, competition, creativity, and respect.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion embedded in our Code of Business Conduct creating a positive work environment for everyone.
- Support for physical and mental health through the Halliburton's Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
We offer our employees :
- Competitive remuneration and benefits.
- Competitive Day Rates.
- Competitive Medical insurance and pension schemes.
- A multicultural and multiple countries work environment.
- One of the best and most extensive training programs in the energy industry, offering opportunities to learn and acquire new high-tech skills.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 1-year experience in the field operations with Slickline services or similar experience within the Energy industry.
- Is positive and eager for self-development and to help grow Halliburton's Wireline and Perforating services business.
- Identifies with Halliburton's values of Integrity, Health Safety & Environment, Collaboration, Creativity, Reliability, and Respect.
- Has the following skills and qualifications:
- High school or similar education.
- Ability to execute written and verbal instructions and effectively exchange information with peers and superiors.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Basic reading comprehension and writing skills.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Basic computer skills.
- Preferably have Driving License or willing to obtain one (optional).
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles such as Service Operator III or Service Supervisor II.
- Under direct supervision, assists the Service Supervisor during all phases of providing slickline services.
- Assists with pre-job product and service equipment preparation (assembly, test, mobilization) and service performance at the well site.
- Confirms that unit, WPCE and downhole tools are ready, complete and correct for the job.
- Completes all well site and post-job paperwork. Assists with post-job demobilization, clean up and repair of service equipment and products.
- Demonstrates knowledge of third party well site activities that could negatively impact slickline job execution.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills related to HSE related activities - site assessments and risk analyses, onsite safety meetings, PPE use, documentation, etc.
- Given the nature of oil field service work, all employees must be able to execute written and verbal instructions and effectively exchange information with peers and superiors that will increase the likelihood of job success.
- Every employee must be able to work as an effective team member.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations is required.
- Basic reading and writing skills are required.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- This is a development position with the expectation that all Service Operators will advance to the Service Specialist position.
- Develops all remaining skills required to be able to provide the basic slickline services at the customer well site without direct supervision.
- Develops and demonstrates a working knowledge of local CPS HMS processes.
- Develops and demonstrates the ability to perform the pre-job review of the job design to understand the total job scope, the desired result and the processes and tools to achieve success.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Howemoss Crescent, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB21 0GN, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 155979
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.