Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
- Act as technical lead in the design of downhole tools/surface equipment and integration of mechanical, instrumentation, hydraulic or sensor subsystems for wireline services
- Review and define project requirements, establish, and execute development and verifications plans that ensure requirements are met for multiple projects of high complexity
- Collaborate with other disciplines (electrical, software, sensor-physics) and support functions (manufacturing, supply chain, technical services) to ensure smooth transition to commercialization of new products
- Use advanced engineering tools (CAE) to deliver innovative solutions
- Document design and develop test reports & present design them for lifecycle reviews
- Comply with Halliburton HSE and Service Quality requirements, Halliburton's Lifecycle process as well as WPS objectives
- Subject matter expert in sensors and instrumentation integration to downhole and surface systems
- Experience in selecting materials and coatings for corrosion, vibration, erosion, or other harsh environments
- Hands on skills and ability to provide directions to technicians to build, test and troubleshoot prototype tools and systems
- Expertise in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience with CAD and CAE software (Solidworks and Ansys preferred)
- Experience with stage-gate development process
- Experience in acoustics or electro-mechanical downhole tools
- Experience with product validation: shock, vibration, and environmental testing
- Experience with DFx (design for cost, manufacturing, and assembly)
- Subject matter expert in at least one ME domain: high shock, multiphase flow, hydraulic systems
- Analyze product/system requirements to create mechanical architecture of downhole tools and surface equipment
- Define mechanical subsystem and components requirements
- Own product level and main sub-systems assembly drawings and procedures
- Lead detailed design of all mechanical components. Provide guidance with GD&T
- Provide expertise and guidance in analysis of new complex designs using CAE (structural, dynamics, heat transfer, fluid flow)
- Approve all mechanical subsystem and components design documentation (drawings, materials specification, etc)
- Perform root-cause analysis of failure modes, interpretation of unexpected test results and conflicting data to formulate hypothesis and drive solutions
The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate/Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, with at least 4 plus years of experience; a demonstrated ability to commercialize technology and to conceive and develop creative/innovative technology. Minimum educational requirement of a doctoral degree and zero years' experience or a master's degree and two or more years' related experience or a bachelor's degree and four or more years' related experience
***Candidates with higher experiences will be considered for positions with higher responsibilities****
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 155939
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.