Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Serve as the backup to the lead systems administrator
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the backup to the lead systems administrator
- Perform daily maintenance and operations tasks related to system administration in a multi-server environment
- Provide maintenance and performance tuning of the virtual environment utilizing VMware 5.5 or greater, support tools - Oversee patch remediation and software deployment
- Ensure all backup/restore operations are effective
- Maintain and enhance system security across the environment
- Monitor systems and produce required reports to maintain documented service levels
- Provide support for local and shared services (account management, storage arrays, disaster recovery, etc.) Update documentation and maintain configuration control for the environment
- Manage multiple projects for improvements to the infrastructure
- Perform physical server installation into the server racks and removal from server racks
- Perform server hard drive replacements
- Provide Active Directory support for user permissions
- Complete server shutdown and power ups during hurricane season or general scheduled power outages
- Make any approved software install requests
- General server and network configuration
- Perform other duties as required
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and 5+ years of progressive, relevant experience, or an MS degree in a computer or system science and four (4) years of progressive experience, or Ph.D. degree in a computer of system science discipline
- The candidate must also have a strong background in understanding Windows domain architecture, Active Directory, systems/network security, and load balancing in order to perform day-to-day duties
- Must have knowledge of Windows Server 2012 and above, VMware 5.5 and above
- Must have prior work experience working in Linux (Ubuntu version 18.04+) administration
- Must have Perl scripting knowledge and proven experience
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and seven (7) years of progressive, relevant experience
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies:
- VM Ware 5.5 and up
- Cloud-based server administration
- Website development (Perl, Sharepoint, MS SQL, WordPress)
- C# with Visual Studio
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.