Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is recruiting for an Senior Process Engineer to join our team in Perth, Western Australia as part of its Operations APAC West business. This is an initial 12-month opportunity and anticipated to be an ongoing requirement.
Wood delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation and technical services to the oil and gas sector and enjoys long-term partnerships with some of the region's most prominent producers, actively supporting operations in Western Australia, the Northern Territory and Kazakhstan.
You will be reporting directly to the Process Engineering Lead and working across FEED / Execution to EPCM delivery, across some of world's most technically challenging brownfields Oil & Gas projects for Wood's Process Engineering group.
Your scope will be:
- Process engineering services to the client, ranging from conceptual, front-end, detailed design, as built and close-out activities for timely delivery of project deliverables according to approved schedules
- Completing a variety of complex process engineering computations, HYSYS simulation (steady & dynamic) modelling
- Preparing P&ID's, PFD's, heat and material balances, instruments and equipment data sheets, utilities and chemical summaries
- Performing hydraulics and overpressure/blowdown calculations and participates in safety reviews
- Hands-on approach to engineering problem solving and commissioning experience of offshore and/or drilling systems will be an advantage
At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities.
Skills / Qualifications
You must be an Australian citizen or currently hold Permanent Residency (PR) and are able to work lawfully in Australia without company sponsorship.
Suitably qualified in Chemical Engineering from a recognised institution, ideally you will have a minimum of 8+ years of proven experience in the Oil &Gas Brownfields Engineering / EPCM sector in Australia.
In addition, you will have:
- Engineering office design experience
- An ability to apply the relevant theories, codes and standards appropriate to process discipline
- Ability to manage risk during the design process consistent with technical and commercial requirements
- Excellent analytical, numerical and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Be prepared to undertake site visits either onshore / offshore
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and engineering programs
- A "solutions mindset" and able to manage varying tasks with often changing and competing priorities
What will set you apart will be your proven experience of:
- HAZOP, HAZID and SIL rating studies
- Familiarity with HYSYS, Dynamic HYSYS
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of inquisitive minds to unlock tomorrows solutions to the worlds most critical challenges. Wood encourages Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.
If you are an Senior Process Engineer looking for your next project - apply today!
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.