Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for Expression of Interest applications for a Quality Lead. Please note this is not a live position.
While current and imminent requirements will be based largely in / around Aberdeen (UK), applications are welcomed for upcoming / future requirements across our Europe, Middle East & Africa region including North West England (UK), Dubai (UAE), Abu Dhabi (UAE) and Iraq.
Implements, maintains, monitors and reports on the status of the quality management system and activities within the business area (egg project) they are assigned to.
Mentors and coaches colleagues on all aspectsof quality supporting a quality culture and a relentless focus on excellence
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Promote the awareness of quality management principles (including quality and MS inductions) and provide advice and guidance to peers and colleagues
Implementation of Quality Management System requirements as directed by their lead/manager, ensuring compliance with Wood Quality standard and/or ISO 9001 and other requirements.
- Plans quality activities to be performed and resources required to liquidate quality
- programmes in line with agreed budgets.
- Prepares and implement quality plans in accordance with client and execution plan requirements.
- Attends kick off meetings as required to provide quality support and advice on quality deliverables.
- Reviews and approve product/material requisitions and validates quality control and certification requirements.
- Assigns and coordinates product/material inspection activities in accordance with purchase order, inspection and test plan and associated technical requirements.
- Plans, implements and reports on both internal and external risk based audit programmes.
- Manages and analyses data arising from non-conformance and corrective actions.
- Provides input to and participates as required in quality management reporting and reviews
- Works across functions to identify continuous improvement
- Undertakes investigations of quality related failures
- Mentor and develop quality resources
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree/Diploma in Quality management or related discipline (desirable)
- Membership of CQI/ASQ or equivalent country specific body (desirable)
- Quality auditor qualification by recognised industry body
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Relevant experience (Preferably in the associated industry).
- Comprehensive understanding and application of ISO 9001
- Proficient in the analysis of processes and data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- High level of communication skills in both written and spoken format
- Good planner and organiser
- Team worker
- Attention to detail
- Integrity and trustworthy
- Persistent and inquisitive in the pursuit in information and facts
- Commitment to continuous improvement
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.