Skills: Chemical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Singapore, Singapore
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Halliburton invites qualified candidates to apply for R&D scientist/advisor roles with Sensor Physics Houston and Signal Processing Center of Excellence (COE) in Singapore. We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. Experience the challenges, rewards, and opportunities of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry. This position provides an opportunity to participate in a strategic research and development program shaping the industry's future technology. The Sensor Physics and Signal Processing CoE at Halliburton encourages a culture of continued learning, inventing, and innovating by bringing together a diverse group of top-notch scientists and engineers. Our goal is to continuously grow the group's core expertise in the area of Logging-while-drilling electromagnetic sensing physics, algorithms for signal processing, high-dimensional modeling and inversion, high-performance and real-time applications, and artificial intelligence.
- A subject matter expert in LWD Electromagnetic tool development, modeling, and inversion.
- Conducting research and development with the following tasks, including:
- Sensitivity studies using numerical modeling codes for tool development, inversion studies
- ML algorithm to improve the inversion performance
- Numerical modeling studies using in-house or commercial modeling software.
- Detailed documentation from presentations, reports, and disclosures.
- Novel ideas to address a new or challenging issue and document in a disclosure.
- Develop creative/innovative solutions and new technology.
- Serve as a mentor to junior technical staff personnel.
- Communicate issues, progress, and proposed ideas to supervisors and project managers regularly
Required Education and Skills
- An MS or Ph.D. in physics, mechanical engineering, electrical/electronic engineering, or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in numerical analysis in either MatLab or Python.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Fortran codes. C#/C is a plus.
- Proficient in inversion algorithms (including MCMC, deterministic inversion, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of EM resistivity concepts are required:
- Experience in 1D, 2D, or 3D numerical modeling development
- Experience with numerical modeling methods including but not limited to FDTD, FEM, IE, etc.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling software including but not limited to CST, HFSS, COMSOL, etc.
- Experience in ML/AI is a plus.
- Demonstrated teamwork, strong communication skills, and collaboration in complex projects.
- Knowledge of digital circuit design, mixed-signal circuit design, or signal conditioning design is a plus.
**Candidates having qualifications that exceed job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs.
***Please also send a copy of your CV to email@example.com (Singapore) and/or FHALGTA@Halliburton.com (Houston)
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
315 Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, Singapore, Singapore, 639940, Singapore
Requisition Number: 149026
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.