Skills: Field Development, Petroleum Engineering, Reservoir Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Our client, a major O&G operator, is looking for a Reservoir Engineer on a staff basis in Aberdeen, UK.
Purpose of Role:
- Reservoir Engineer within the UKBU Integrated Operated Assets multi-disciplinary subsurface teams.
- Deliver opportunities for production enhancement and resource additions through subsurface characterisation, reservoir geological modelling and opportunity generation & maturation.
- Support well planning & delivery programmes
Areas of Responsibility Competence Level:
- Responsible for all aspects of reservoir engineering, using predictive flow simulation models that incorporate geoscience, engineering and fluid property data, under the supervision of a senior reservoir engineering mentor.
- Identify, mature and deliver opportunities for production enhancement and resource growth.
- Independently define and complete reservoir engineering work programmes in support of business strategy and integrating results effectively with other subsurface disciplines.
- Maintain production forecasts in support of mid to long term business plans
- Communicate results and influence stakeholders appropriately to drive effective business decisions.
- Daily tasks include:
- Generation of production forecasts to support key business decisions.
- Construction of simulation and nodal analysis models.
- Maintenance (and history matching) of full field, material balance and sector simulation models.
- Analysis of reservoir engineering data e.g. pressure transient, fluid and production data.
- Evaluation of production enhancement and new well opportunities.
- Well planning and operational support.
- Reserves assessments.
- Monitoring and assisting with specialists and contractors to manage reservoir engineering projects.
- Reservoir engineering aspects of internal/external business approvals (Internal/Partners/OGA etc.).
Critical Skills Qualifications Experience, etc.:
Core Technical Experience
- Broad knowledge of core discipline, multiple anchor skills have been developed
- Able to deliver reservoir engineering projects under limited supervision.
- Basic ability in different aspects of reservoir engineering e.g. field development, simulation, material balance, pressure transient analysis, fluid properties, decline curve analysis, reserve evaluations.
- The ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- MSc in reservoir engineering or a related subject.
- Clear, concise and thoughtful, solution focused communication
- Listens actively, asks insightful questions and provides constructive feedback
- Takes accountability and bases decisions on available information, consistently seeks additional information. Considers broader impact of tasks and decisions on others.
- Works to build trust and proactively looks for opportunities to assist others, supporting teamwork based collaborative work practices and being caring, respectful, honest and sensitive to cultural diversity
- Assigns tasks to others, engages and motivates others, thinks strategically
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity
- Proactively avoids negative confrontations and arguments and works to de-escalate conflict
- Possesses a range of effective problem-solving techniques and displays some creativity when solving problems
- Driven to complete their tasks to a high standard, Views quality as critical and independently prioritises and balances work to meet agreed timelines.
- Promotes Client Core Values and works actively to create and sustain a positive culture that embodies those values.
- Awareness of Client HSEQ Policies and Business Management System (BMS)
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.