Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Atyrau, Atyrau Province, Kazakhstan
Wood (trading locally as WOOD KSS LLP) is recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer (Expatriate) with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to work closely with our Engineering Manager. This role will our team in , Kazakhstan.
- The project scope includes installation of new modular substation buildings to accommodate new MV and LV switchgear and switchboards to replace the related the existing equipment.
- Be Focal point for Project engineering team for main vendor interfaces for E-house substation buildings and Transformer packages
- Interfacing and collaborate with different stakeholders to ensure key criteria is achieved in the performance of packaging
- Assisting potential vendors, Client and WoodKSS project teams on resolving interface issues in engineering, procurement, construction and fabrication stages
- Translating engineering requirements and design into clear procurement requirements to ensure quality vendor quotation submissions
- Working with Interface and Risk Manager on any key risk items and potential interface issues
- Ensuring compliance of Vendor submitted proposals to project requirements, Client specifications and local regulations
- Working with Local Content team on maximizing potential Local Content in supply of Goods and Services by potential vendors
- Holding key alignment meetings and sessions between vendors, client and project organizations
- Facilitating quality and timely submitted technical bid evaluations
- Proposing ways to optimise delivery lead times and cost
At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities.
Skills / Qualifications
Ideally, you will:
- be suitably qualified with a relevant engineering degree from a recognised institution. Electrical background is not essential but advantageous
- have 10+ years of experience working within the the brownfields oil & gas industry and a minimum of 2 years experience working in a similar Senior Project Engineer role
- Knowledge of electrical systems / components and HVAC systems
- Knowledge of project management, engineering and procurement life cycles
- Knowledge of local RoK regulation
What will set you apart will be your proven technical writing skills and fluency in English language
It takes an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds to unlock solutions to tomorrows most critical challenges and you will have:
- A "safety first" approach to your chosen profession
- Excellent analytical, literacy and numerical skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) complemented by your ability to work collaboratively in a multicultural project team
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and engineering programs
- An ability to work under pressure when necessary, while still delivering within a challenging and complex environment
- A" solutions mindset" and able to manage varying tasks with often changing and competing priorities
If you are a Senior Project Engineer and ready for your next international project - apply today!
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.