Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Field Service Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Mechanical Engineer will provide field/operations engineering, design, and analysis capabilities to support the operation of subsea intervention systems and auxiliary equipment. Engineer will be teamed up with existing operational engineering team to provide project and maintenance support for existing Intervention Services equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform engineering duties necessary to prepare systems and personnel for offshore campaigns. These may include:
- Design modifications to existing equipment
- Design of enabling equipment such as test fixtures, handling aids, etc.
- Participating in operational risk assessments
- Preparing scopes of supply
- Providing cost and labor estimates for proposals
- Performing project-specific analyses and calculations
- Preparing project-specific procedures
- Create and review manufacturing and assembly drawings
- Perform hands-on maintenance, assembly and operation of existing equipment
- Provide support during the design, manufacturing, testing, assembly and operational phases of a project
- Provide support to offshore campaigns, from both the office and offshore
- Interface with customers, project managers, and technicians
- Provide engineering status and progress reports
- Support project engineers during all phases of project
- Travel offshore, both domestically and internationally approx. 50% of the year
- Other duties as assigned
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Ocean Engineering or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience with creating and reviewing manufacturing and assembly drawings
- Minimum 4 years of experience with AutoCAD, Solidworks, or other CAD packages
- Minimum 2 years of offshore experience
- Ability to travel offshore domestically and internationally up to 50% of time.
- Experience with Well Intervention Operations
- Experience with control systems
- Experience performing hydraulics and structural hand calculations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of subsea intervention systems is strongly desired
- Knowledge of riserless well intervention is strongly desired
- Knowledge of operations in the subsea industry is strongly desired
- Knowledge of well control and intervention methods is strongly desired
- Knowledge of Coiled Tubing systems is desired
- Ability to work within tight deadline windows
- Ability to work under general direction
- Ability to work in a high-pressure onshore/offshore environment
The position will be Hybrid - Remote work until our return to the office post-pandemic. Employees are expected to be able to travel to their designated office as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.