Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
In this internship with Oceaneering, you will:
- Learn how your military experience translates into a rewarding civilian career.
- Explore a career or industry you might want to pursue upon separation from active duty.
- Earn real-world industry qualifications and certifications.
- Build experience and competency in your trade/ profession with our team.
- Expand your professional network of contacts.
- Gain familiarity with corporate culture.
Through this program, Oceaneering is seeking a motivated Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Intern to work and learn in our facility in Hanover, MD. This occupation provides safety support to field or plant operations and office employees. This includes evaluating safe work practices, interpreting safety policy, procedures, and rules, supporting safety committees, facilitating incident investigation, and conducting safety field observations. The successful candidate will participate in a practical, structured, systematic program of on-the-job training and related instruction to develop existing military technical experience. Internship will be 6 - 12 weeks long and can only commence within the 180 days before discharge from active-duty service.
Duties & Responsibilities
Internship Schedule/ Hours
Responsibility of Employer
Responsibility of Intern
Complete Course (1 Day)
Time Keeping Training
Learn to report time as a SkillBridge Intern using OII PeopleSoft Timekeeping tool.
Assimilation with the organization to include meetings and introductions to functional peers and other internal resources. Completion of all required Oceaneering Learning Management System (SUMTOTAL) for new hires
Review of Oceaneering and Hanover related HSE documents and related Intelex software.
Review of LOTO Brady cards
OJT Review of JSEA's and Core Process
OJT Shop operations Safety Concerns
OJT Shop Operations Safety Concerns
Week 7 - 12
40 hours/ week up to 12 weeks depending on length of internship approved by command
OJT providing site assessments for work performed
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must meet all eligibility requirements outlined in DOD Instruction 1322.29 and NAVADMIN 222/15
- Official TAD/ TDY Orders to Oceaneering International, Inc. for the period of the internship.
- Associates degree in Safety or related field. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must demonstrate Professional knowledge of applicable safety concepts and regulations.
- Military occupation or civilian experience related to health, safety and environment related to field operations including fabrication, assembly, installation, and testing of advanced electro/mechanical systems.
- Intermediate to advanced level user of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must be a US Citizen who is not a dual citizen of any other country
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees, workplaces, families and communities, many of Oceaneering's clients are requiring that all individuals working at their sites be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, including employees of Oceaneering and other contractors. Accordingly, only individuals who are, or are willing to be, fully vaccinated before their start date are eligible for this position. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to prove that they are fully vaccinated prior to their start date.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.