Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
Wood is currently sourcing an Electrician Helper to join our team in Carlsbad, New Mexico. You will be responsible for digging trenches, planning, layout, installation, and wire repair, conduit, electrical fixtures, apparatus and control equipment.
U S Only : Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Assist Journeyperson with measuring, cutting, bending, threading, assembling and installing electrical conduit using such tools as a hacksaw, pipe threader, tape measure and conduit benders
- Assist Journeyperson with pulling wiring through conduit
- Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads with knife or pliers, twisting or soldering wires together and applying tape or terminal caps
- Assist Journeyperson with installing control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays and circuit- breaker panels, and fastens in place with screws or bolts using hand or power tools
- Assist Journeyperson with connecting power cables to equipment and installing grounding leads
- Load, transport and unload material, tools, equipment and supplies
- Maintains tools and equipment
- Be able to distinguish colors
- Be capable of listening and communicating with other supervision and employees
- Be motivated and work safely and productively
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Works under immediate supervision
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment
- OSHA certification needed
- Able to lift 50 lbs. overhead without difficulty
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.