Skills: Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Part Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The ideal candidate for Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible as the Technical Support Engineer to facilitate assests relaibility and ensures uptime of the vessels; in line with the Company's key business goal.
- Provide drilling fleet technical support
- Assist/lead on technical downtime issues
- Liaise with OEMs
- Participate and lead annual equipment inspection
- Review vendor quotations and costings for major equipment repair. Prepare overhaul work-scope for major equipment to ensure OEM correct and accurate pricings on repairs and overhauls.
- Prepare repair work-scope for capital equipment (5 yearly)
- Regular review, development and updating of the planned maintenance system (star) for electrical equipment
- Travel offshore to assist in technical problem solving, repairs & troubleshooting as required
- Assist with annual budget preparation for capital equipment expenditures
- Assist with and ensure compliance of TMOC procedure
- Attend equipment D&I/commissioning at vendor facility
- Assist with client related technical issues
- Carry out rig internal technical audits
- Assist Projects/Newbuilds Engineers
- Assist HOD with the design and implementation of troubleshooting guides
- Participate in duty phone roster system for technical issues outside office hours
- Be familiar with all systems, directives and procedures and actively participate in the implementation
- Be familiar with all electrical rig systems and controls fleet wide
- Be prepared to travel worldwide at short notice as and when required
- Preferably a degree in Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic and minimum 5 years' experience in technical support and or project engineering
- Trained in the following:
- LTI Driller/ Draw works Control Course
- LTI Top Drive Control Course
- Advance Siemens PLC STEP 7 Programming Course
- Siemens & ABB VFD Course
- Siemens PLC STEP 7 Programming Course
- TDS- 8SA Top Drive Course
- C++ Programming
- MD Totco Drilling Instrumentation Course
- Ex Certified
- NOV Amphion Control System
- HVAC Certificate
- Previous hands on experience on drilling systems will be advantageous
- Skilled and efficient technical trouble-shooter
- Demonstrate experience in industry standard IS frameworks
- Identify and develop innovation for improved efficiencies
- Communicate and enforce appropriate IS standards
- Prepare written business correspondence and technical documentation that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional
Sapura Energy Berhad (“Sapura Energy” or “Group”) is a fully-fledged upstream player headquartered in Malaysia and one of the world’s largest integrated oil and gas services and solutions providers.
We provide a full spectrum of capabilities that covers the entire value chain of exploration, development, production and rejuvenation as well as decommissioning and abandonment.
With a multinational workforce comprising over 13,000 employees spanning 51 nationalities, comprehensive world-class assets and project management capabilities, the Group’s global presence is visible in over 20 countries. This includes Malaysia, China, Australia, Brazil, the United States of America, as well as those in Western Africa and the Middle East.
Sapura Energy is an international company with employees and clients from the world over. We offer opportunities to enhance your career across a full range of exciting roles in the upstream oil and gas industry: Fabrication, hook-up and commissioning, drilling services, production and exploration, geotechnical and geophysical survey, installation of pipelines and facilities, marine, diving and remotely operated underwater vehicle (ROV) services, operations and maintenance services.