Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
The collective expertise and passion of our people, combined with a broad portfolio of over 10,000 technologies, makes us uniquely positioned to deliver solutions that positively impact the environment. Come be part of something special - start your journey today!
Responsible for pre-commissioning and commissioning of Water Treatment plants. Supporting role during the operation and through the warranty process will be required on a case by cases basis.
- Commissioning of Water Treatment Plans by ensuring process equipment and control system perform per specifications.
- Ability to perform specific PLC/HMI activities including but not limited to: control system IO checkout, system networking, program upload / download, understanding of ladder logic, function blocks and troubleshooting code and ability to write simple logic
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites
- Manage activities of outside vendors and suppliers, assuring services and supplies met project specifications and performance requirements.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures and log sheets to document and monitor equipment operation.
- Develop and execute Commissioning Schedules and Performance Plans.
- Develop and execute classroom and hands-on training regarding operation and maintenance of process equipment.
- Participate in Model Reviews, Engineering Design Meetings and Safety in Design reviews in order to ensure accessibility, maintenance, and operation of process equipment.
- Perform control system factory acceptance tests with Clients and client-designated representatives.
- Perform after-market services such as site inspection, equipment inspection and operator training.
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within Suez safety standards
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as water treatment chemistry calculations, , determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of budgets, and monitoring Time & Material (T&M) contract costs.
- Troubleshoot alignment issues and plumb adjustment figures (plane geometry).
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Improve operations and determine if design works will not work.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; possible exposure to loud noise level on site. The site assignments shall be in foreign countries and may involve accommodations at remote work camps. Many water treatment facilities are located outside and work activities will be outdoors.
- Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the water treatment field.
- Strong focus on customer relationships (both external and internal customers). Understands balance between customer and SUEZ teams.
- Knowledge of and/or demonstrated ability to learn equipment and process startup related to SUEZ WTS products and systems including but not limited to UF/MBR, RO/EDI/ED/EDR, ion exchange and thermal technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and remotely with project teams.
- Possess basic water treatment chemistry knowledge and communicate that information to others.
- Must know mechanical, hydraulics, electrical, piping, welding specifics and civil notations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Valid passport.
- Meet qualifications to apply for TN or L1 visa.
- Ability to travel extensively (70-80% ~250 days/year) throughout North America, and to other places in the world.
- Valid driver's license.
- Experience in Commissioning, Construction or Services.
- Bachelor Degree in engineering or equivalent from an accredited University or College.
- Mechanical experience and know-how (hands on, reading and interpreting drawings, etc.), particularly with water treatment equipment (pumps, valves, instrumentation, relief valves, regulators, pneumatic systems, etc..)
- Electrical experience and know-how (hands on, reading and interpreting drawings, etc.), particularly with electrical panels and water treatment equipment.
- Ability to plan multiple priorities, and focus on the most important ones.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new problems, clients, and situations.
- Training in Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedures preferred.
- Operating experience with water treatment equipment including; UF/MBR, reverse osmosis (RO) systems, micro-filtration, clarification and conventional filtration, evaporators or crystallizers.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits working in a dynamic environment with challenging projects and training provided to ensure your success.
We realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace!
SUEZ – Water Technologies & Solutions is now part of Veolia and operating as Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions. With operations in 130 countries and over 10,000 employees worldwide, Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions solves the toughest water, wastewater and process challenges around the globe. Leveraging a comprehensive set of chemical, equipment and digital enabled services and products, the company helps customers optimize water resources and overcome process challenges. Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions serves customers across all industries, including food and beverage, metals and mining, power, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, chemicals, petrochemicals, pulp and paper, and utilities.