Company: Baker Hughes Skills: Commercial Management Experience: 5 + Years Education: High School/Secondary Location: Sugar Land, Texas, United States
Would you like the opportunity to work for a world class oilfield and energy services company?
Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Join our team!
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value. Our team is responsible for preparing bids, contract negotiation and compliance with contract commitments and commercial risk assessment. Working on the basis of a predefined sales plan.
Partner with the best
Are you ready to join us in changing the future of energy and in delivering innovative outcomes to our customers? You will own the bid response process for our strategic Eastern Hemisphere proposals. You will manage the opportunity through the entire bid lifecycle and place Baker Hughes in the strongest possible position to win. You will ensure compliance with contract commitments and commercial risk assessment.
As a Proposal Specialist, you will be responsible for:
• Managing each project through every stage of the bid lifecycle including early engagement, active bid and post-award.
• Collaborating with multi-function teams, working to proactively establish strategies, tactics and tasks that will place Baker Hughes in the strongest possible position to win each tender.
• Developing and execute a project plan to manage the production of a high-quality proposal response within the bid timeline. Ensure resources are appropriately allocated for the best possible output. This will include compiling and submitting required tender documentation.
• Crafting professional, compelling proposal narratives that articulate Baker Hughes' value in alignment with the customer's objectives. Showcase a marketing talent for concise storytelling and a thorough knowledge of positioning value.
• Leveraging the latest digital tools to execute efficiently.
• Trending and report key performance indicators of the Tender team's performance. Recommend and implement ideas for improvement.
• Becoming a trusted content manager, maintaining and building upon a database of sales and proposal content to improve response quality and team efficiency.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
• 3+ years professional experience working on tenders or bids in the Oilfield Chemicals industry, ideally in Eastern Hemisphere
• Previous work experience in sales or business development in the Oilfield Chemicals industry
• Previous work experience in project management
• Strong skills in MS Excel, MS Word , MS Powerpoint, MS Outlook, Sharepoint
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
• Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
• Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
• Comprehensive private medical care options
• Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
• Tailored financial programs
• Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us: With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Join Us: Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.