Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Network Engineer to join our Applied Intelligence team based in our centrally located office in Perth.
Reporting to the Telecommunications & Networks Manager APAC, you will primarily be tasked to perform Industrial network engineering and automation of repeatable tasks.
Accountabilities of the role include:
- Industrial network engineering and automation of repeatable tasks
- Implementing methodologies and activities, project documentation and core delivery toolsets for Corporate and Production environments.
- Technical troubleshooting, testing and deployment
- Reporting to line manager or project leader, and clients where applicable
- Technical leadership, review and mentoring of junior and graduate engineers
- Governance of quality, standards and methodologies
- Client engagement and solutions gathering
- Technical bid evaluation and SOW and Tender development
Please note that at this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those who hold Permanent Residency (PR) and do not require company sponsorship to work lawfully in Australia.
Skills / Qualifications
It takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact Wood has on the global energy sector. As a member of the team you will demonstrate:
- 5 - 10 years of industry relevant experience in mining and/or oil and gas
- Qualification in Electrical & Electronic engineering, computer science or a related discipline desirable
- Technical hands-on experience with industrial switching from vendors such as Cisco, Siemens, Stratix, Moxa, RuggedCom and Hirschmann
- Core skills of document writing, standards development, creation and execution of test plans
- Strong demonstratable Layer 2, Layer 3 networking knowledge and cyber security skills
- Strong engineering process and safety ethic
- Secondary skill set highly desirable (cyber security, server/storage, wireless)
- Pragmatic approach to work
- Ability to integrate and communicate successfully with diverse, multi-disciplinary Wood teams
- Able to work within a team environment autonomously
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.