Skills: Engineering Technician
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Project Systems Engineer applies a working knowledge of systems engineering fundamentals to provide guidance to the division's engineering and design activities under the direction of a Program Manager. The Project Systems Engineer will be required to interact with other OTECH personnel and the client to guide engineering efforts to meet the client's requirements. The Project Systems Engineer will provide guidance to engineering design efforts through the development of systems engineering documentation, including: concepts of operations, requirements specifications, interface control documents and drawings, hazard analysis, test plans and procedures.
The position will be based in our Hanover, MD office and will be hybrid-remote. Applicants are expected to be able to travel to the Hanover office as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs analysis of user requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Guide system development and implementation planning through preparation of concept of operations, interface control documents, hazard analysis, and test plans and procedures.
- Displays excellent technical judgment, attention to detail, and ability to look at the "big picture" in system design.
- Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to problems.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results of work accomplished by self and others.
- Prepares reports and presents results to management and client.
- Some travel may be required.
- Work closely with the Program Manager to ensure that Systems Engineering tasks are completed in a timely manner, including tasking engineering personnel to complete analyses, trade papers, tests, etc.
- BS degree in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical or Systems Engineering.
- Master's degree in Systems Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of practical experience in Systems Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with
- contributing to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation, including system engineering plans, initial capabilities documents, requirements specifications, and interface control documents
- managing system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architectures, including Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF and Service-oriented Architecture (SOA)
- assisting with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
- participating in the development of system engineering documentation, including system engineering plans, initial capabilities documents, requirements specifications, and interface control documents
- system requirements and stakeholder needs, including functions that may be logically inferred and implied, as essential to system effectiveness
- Working knowledge with an SEDB tool (CRADLE, DOORS etc)
- 5 Years of experience at the design engineering level
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- US citizen, Must be able to obtain security clearance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Strong working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems. Peoplesoft knowledge preferred .
- Master's degree in related field.
- Work experience with US Department of Defense.
- May be widely recognized for achievements, technical expertise, and professional standing within selected field.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees, workplaces, families and communities, many of Oceaneering's clients are requiring that all individuals working at their sites be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, including employees of Oceaneering and other contractors. Accordingly, only individuals who are, or are willing to be, fully vaccinated before their start date are eligible for this position. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to prove that they are fully vaccinated prior to their start date.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.