Skills: Regulatory Compliance
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Brussels, Belgium
At Eni, we are looking for a Compliance Monitoring & Support Officer within EGEM in Brussels, Belgium. You will be responsible for daily monitoring of trading activities (i.e.: perform market abuse controls or in-depth analysis) and related reporting (periodical and ad-hoc), supporting the performance of risk assessments and implementation of compliance programmes (i.e.: data gathering, training, new controls). You will also be responsible for supporting business lines for audit, providing advisory on compliance related matters.
Starting from 1st January 2021, Eni Global Energy Markets (EGEM) acts in the international trading of gas, power, CO2 (as interface between Eni and the markets), LNG and Oil derivatives. It is a global, integrated approach designed to make the most of Eni's network of contacts and wide asset portfolio. In turn, EGEM helps to optimise the management of Eni's assets, promoting collaboration within the organisation and devising advanced risk-management solutions. EGEM enhances Eni's unique position as a European leader in the gas sector, acting as a specialized hub for trading and commodity risk management.
At EGEM, we value our business compliance as line of defence against market abuse and frauds in trading activity. Compliance Trading Monitoring & Support (COTMS) unit is the function in EGEM responsible for compliance monitoring and for compliance support to business lines (i.e.: Gas, LNG, Power/Emission trading desks). COTMS team performs daily compliance monitoring (financial regulations, anti-fraud) and provides direct support to business lines for compliance matters within trading and portfolio management activities.
COTMS is seeking an experienced officer who can contribute and support effectively in: compliance monitoring, risk assessments and support to business/management.
Our ideal candidate has a risk oriented mind-se and understanding of both market conducts regulations (i.e.: Market Abuse, REMIT, Exchange Rulebooks) and commodity trading. Knowledge of other compliance regulations (anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, economic sanctions, privacy and data protection, 231 Model would) be beneficial. At the same time, we would require determination to fast-learn the internal regulatory framework and ability to work in a fast paced environment, directly liaising with internal clients with a certain degree of autonomy, while supervised by relevant manager.
As a member of the integrated compliance team at EGEM you will be responsible for:
- Performing market abuse monitoring controls on trading activity (i.e.: checks on trades/order and communications, proactively flag unusual behaviors, identify suspicious transactions, fact-checking, drafting case management reports on incidents/breaches) and support in continuous improvement of the monitoring systems (i.e.: periodical calibration of the alerts);
- Providing support on periodical risk reviews (i.e.: market abuse risk assessment and inside information mapping) to maintain a fit for purpose market abuse framework.
- Providing support to business lines for audit actions and compliance related matters (i.e.: anti-corruption, sanctions, relation with relevant subjects/related parties, privacy, and data protection).
- Liaising with other support functions (i.e.: Central Compliance, Legal, Credit, KYC, Trade Control, HR, Regulatory) to gather specialist regulatory references, contractual/deal information, and advice on specific cases.
- Make sure all relevant documentation of performed activities are recorded and stored as appropriate as per privacy and data protection framework in place.
- Contributing to share lessons learned, supporting the dissemination of best practices for the reference activities, also contributing to organization of internal training.
- Supporting in preparing quarterly report for top-management on antifraud-activities and on the effectiveness of business's compliance measures. Maintain relevant KPIs updated.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
- Experience in energy trading firms or financial institution, within a control type function or front office role dealing with market abuse monitoring of trades/communications.
- A good understanding of energy commodity trading / commercial process, instruments/products, and related market conducts regulations (i.e.: MAR, REMIT).
- Experience with database querying, exploratory analytics, and contracts review.
- Fluent English and French: Italian knowledge would be beneficial.
- No specific academic background required, however, preference for degree in finance, business management, legal or a related field.
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.