Skills: IT - Software Development, Software Specialist
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The GIS Developer participates in all phases of system support. As a part of the technology and operations team, applies technological and system expertise to design, build, and maintain and follow our GIS and data analysis and handling processes to provide outstanding value for our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
This role is responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support, and use of GIS Databases and ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise Portals, as well as development of SW tools. Interface with IT, SW and GIS groups to design, develop, and deploy GIS data tools and ensure data quality and consistency. Duties include GIS analysis work in support of web publishing, cartography, and standard analysis reports.
- Performs administration and configuration of ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise Portal in conjunction with System Administrators.
- Develops, collaborates, and implements technical solutions.
- Supports customer requirements.
- Documents and maintains the client's metadata dictionary considering pre-existent geodatabase datasets. Documentation should adhere to pre-set standard processes.
- Provides the requirements for developing practices and procedures to make certain that quality assurance methodologies are in place ensuring data standard compliancy and consistency of main enterprise system and functional geospatial data.
- Ensures that data quality and information is consistently maintained and reliably accessible for departmental use.
- Configures hardware and software in conjunction with DBA administrator
- Performs Data analysis (geometric networks, spatial statistics, etc.)
- Makes recommendations related to performance and efficiency of that data storage
- Performs preliminary database design as needed
- Performs data modeling and optimization -By modeling the data, it is possible to optimize the system layouts to take the most advantage of the I/O subsystem
- Works independently and as a team member.
- Travel (~ two weeks annually).
- 2-5 years of prior relevant experience in GIS/IT/SW Development
- BS Degree in GIS/Engineering/IT or related field required.
- Equivalent work experience of six or more years in a related field may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Oral and written communication for change procedures, and management updates.
- Domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Experience working independently on technical and analyst activities in support of a client.
- Experience with geodatabase administration, configuration, tuning, and performance monitoring
- Experience with spatial data management, geospatial databases, ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Create mapping, imagery and data services
- Experience with preparing and validating data for web publishing
- Experience with QA/QC checks on structured observation data
- Perform enterprise software installation and performance tuning services
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI and willing to take/pass a polygraph.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience with GIS IT/SW Infrastructure programs for the US Government.
- Certifications: Security+
- Continuous Learner: Aware of industry changes, through associations, journals, media consumption etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.