Skills: Project Management
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Doha, Qatar
Wood has an opportunity for a Project Manager to join our team in Qatar on a long-term basis. This is a key role within the Wood Doha office delivering across study, FEED, EPC and PMC scopes of work. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of project work in accordance with the project execution plan, including Wood and/or project procedures, maintaining Safety and Quality within the manhour, cost and project schedule targets.
Reflecting the market focus for the office in both brownfield and greenfield opportunities, multi-skilled personnel are sought, in particular those with experience in:
- Onshore Oil and Gas
- Offshore Oil and Gas
- Champions both Wood and client Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality cultures. Leads by example in 'raising the shield', demonstrating the 'courage to intervene'. Ensures that procedures are followed and that a high standard of safety and quality is achieved in all associated work.
- Plan, direct, co-ordinate, and control the work
- Execute Projects in accordance with corporate practices and Project procedures
- Developing and implementing a project execution plan and project schedules that meets with Company and Contract requirements
- Provide leadership and commitment to the Project HSSE and Quality plan
- Keeping to the control budget within the objectives established for the Project
- To focus upon customer care and customer feedback
- To understand the Project 'business case' and drivers
- Act as focal point for Engineering, Procurement, and Project services resources deployed on the project
- Interface closely with client management representatives to ensure client interests are being accommodated
- Clearly define and communicate the project objectives and organization to the Project team
- To feedback to the Company data related to performance of work on a regular basis
- To monitor and expedite account receivables for the Project
- To document lessons learned and to review/implement lessons learned from other Projects
- To close out the project
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in an engineering discipline with a minimum of 20 years of relevant experience
- Ideally candidates will have further education and certification in the field of Project Management, PMP or APM for example
- Must have good working experience of the Microsoft Office applications in the development of documents, presentations, trackers and schedules etc
- Is a self-motivated, proactive and highly driven individual with high standards, attention to detail and capable of demonstrating initiative
- High level of commercial aptitude and awareness. Should be able to interpret and follow the Contract whilst raising potential delays, change and commercial matters to Project Sponsors in good time
- Must be an excellent communicator, being a leader in the success of multi-discipline team delivery. Motivates teams in a positive manner to ensure a proactive approach in the delivery of timely solutions
Applicants are required to:
- Be available for work in Doha, Qatar from July 2022
- Confidently deliver assigned scopes of work independently / remotely from management whilst leading others, with minimal guidance and direction
- Take ownership of scopes of work, coordinating the engineering disciplines and supporting functions to deliver successful outcomes
- Have demonstrable experience of working independently / remotely from technical leadership personnel (although functional leadership will be within the Doha office).
- Have demonstrable experience of working within a small project office, supporting cross discipline activities beyond their core discipline
- Be willing and able to represent Wood in both onshore and offshore surveys, holding relevant certification or willing to undertake suitable training such as BOSIET and H2S Awareness.
- Must have a proficient level of both written and spoken communication skills in the English language, able to interpret and disseminate complex scope and contract documents
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.