Skills: Design Engineer, Drafting
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Piping Designer/Checker. This position reports to the Mechanical/Piping Department Manager as well as the Project Team Lead. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Primary duty is to perfrom checking on other designers work using 3D model viewing software such as Navisworks.
- May interface with other Discipline Leads, HVEC Centers, Project Managers, and Clients.
- Shall have the ability to Layout Process equipment and Piping systems using 2D and 3D software packages to produce drawings from concept through construction issue.
- May Design and Model piping systems including supports using 3D modeling software. Aveva E3D preferred.
- Checks piping design and detail drawings including General Layouts, Piping Orthographics, Isometrics and Pipe Support Details.
- Coordinates designs with other piping team members and with other disciplines.
- Evaluate vendor equipment for design applications and assist with equipment specifications and reviews.
- Examine and validate drawings for quality and compliance.
- Examine, validate and coordinate other discipline designs for compliance with layouts.
- Work with laser scans to get "as-built" information and work into design.
- Visit Client plant sites to evaluate design options and take necessary measurements.
Skills / Qualifications
- Senior level skill in piping desgin across multiple industries. Shall be able to evaluate and spot deficiencies in design and provide guidance to retify any incorrect designs
- Minimum 10 year minimum experience with piping layout, design, checking, and supports involving:
- Power Plants
- Water Treatment Plants
- Process and Chemical Plants
- Forest Industry Plants
- Associated Degree or 2 year College coarse work preferred. Experience in lieu of Education is acceptable.
- Minimum of 2 years of 2D AutoCad experience.
- Proficient in Navisworks 3D model software for design review.
- Extensive knowledge of piping design standards, specifications, guides and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of pipe support design.
- Knowledge of pipe stress analysis and ability to work with pipe stress engineers.
- Working knowledge of ASME B31.1 and ASME B31.3 piping codes
- Experience with equipment design, layout, and installation of systems is required.
- Site engineering and construction experience is a plus.
- MS Office suite skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills preferred.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of an organization staff.
- Must be able to physical move about in an Industrial Plant and be able to climb ladders, stairs, and access tight places.
- Occasional travel to project site is required.
- Must be able to take field measurements with tape measure, and other electronic measuring devices.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.