Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Civil/Structural Designer to join our team in Melbourne. Reporting to the Lead Civil/Structural Engineer, the successful candidate applicant will be part of a major project with other professionals.
- Plans and controls the work assigned to the civil/structural design team comprising civil/structural designers proficient in the use of 3D modelling and AutoCAD
- Provides day to day supervision of the civil/structural design team and takes responsibility for the provision of deliverables to schedule and budget
- Position reports directly to the Lead Civil/Structural Engineer
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced civil/structural designers
- Interprets, organizes, executes and co-ordinates activities within agreed budget and schedule
- Control and reporting of cost and progress measurement within the Wood civil/structural design team
- Development of estimates for the Wood civil/structural design team
- Ensures compliance with all relevant industry and authority codes and standards and Wood procedures and systems
- Provides consistent, visible leadership to ensure strong individual and team motivation and productivity
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant Diploma
- Possesses over 15 years' civil/structural designer experience
- Computer proficient with 3D modelling and AutoCAD essential
- Prior experience working with high value engineering centers highly regarded
- Excellent team management skills in a challenging work environment
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills are essential
- Experience shall be in design, construction/commissioning and general knowledge of oil and gas, refining or petrochemical facilities
- Able to accurately interpret client requirements and scope project work
- Capable of communicating and interfacing effectively with other disciplines, project managers, and multiple client stakeholders
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're a Lead Civil/Structural Designer, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.