Skills: Fire Protection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Wood has a career opportunity for a Senior Fire Protection Engineer for ou r Mountain Region Design Cente r. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, with excellent communication skills, possessing a skill set of Fire Protection design, and project management experience. They will also have experience in engineering support and design of fire suppression, alarm and notification, passive fire protection, and life safety including code consulting, fire risk analysis, condition assessment, adequacy assessment, maintenance evaluation, systems design, bid period services and evaluation, commissioning and construction supervision. Experience with DOD clients and business development is a plus.
This individual will join the Mountain Region Design Center. Candidate can sit in either Phoenix or Salt Lake City and there is potential opportunity for remote working.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? Do you enjoy challenging projects with opportunity to travel? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Provide fire protection leadership and mentoring to junior staff
- Lead field teams during site data collection and inspections visits
- Data collection, coordination, analyses, report generation, and design development
- Communication with staff and Wood leadership
- Provide senior technical review and direction on projects
- Coordination with other Wood offices
- Manage execution of quality deliverables
- Domestic Travel up to 30%
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS in Fire Protection Engineering or related field
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration or ability to obtain registration
- Minimum 10+ years professional experience
- Excellent communication skills and leadership
- Strong planning, organization and execution skills
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office applications and ability to review AutoCAD
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 30%)
- Experience in Fire Protection system design including fire sprinkler systems, fire pumps, clean agent systems, high expansion foam systems, fire alarm, and mass notification systems.
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.