Skills: Field Service Tech, MWD / LWD
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Halliburton offers a wide array of Logging While Drilling (LWD) tools that can be engineered to provide specific reservoir data for multiple applications, including geosteering, petrophysical analysis, geomechanical analysis, and reservoir fluid characterization to help operators enhance reservoir understanding and reduce well time to maximize asset value. LWD sensors acquire formation evaluation data to help operators gain greater reservoir insight, leading to timely decision-making and accurate well placement. Halliburton is currently seeking experienced MWLD field hands for new and ongoing work, both onshore and offshore opportunities are available. Field hands are responsible for the provision of all aspects of the service to our customers on location. The industry is fast paced and dynamic and requires applicants that are willing to work as and when required in response to customer operations.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to the following;
- Follow and adhere to customers HSE requirements pertaining to their social license to operate, rig site safety and any other processes.
- Rig up the unit and surface sensors in conjunction with the drilling installation provider and operator
- Prepare and test all surface and down hole tools required prior to use and ensure the correct operation of the same in accordance with HMS processes.
- QAQC and prepare data for distribution to customers and internal party's,
- Prepare final data deliverables upon completion of jobs.
- Trouble shoot any issues that arise at any point during the provision of the service to the customer
- Maintain clear and transparent lines of communication with the customer representative on location and or within their organisation.
- Keep inventory levels on location at satisfactory levels.
- Work with logistics be it Halliburton or the customers as required for equipment or people movements.
- Assist with the mentoring and training of new and junior MLWD field hands
- Correctly follow all process and procedures with in the Sperry PSL.
- Work collaboratively with other Halliburton product service lines.
- Experience with Insite software and Acoustic Studio
- Minimum 3 yrs as Lead engineer on jobs
- Minimum 6 years Sperry field experience
- Experience running Sperry LWD suite ( Sonic, Density, Porosity, Resistivity, Jetpulse, PWD, AFR, Earthstar)
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
15 Marriott Road, Perth, Western Australia, 6164, Australia
Requisition Number: 140562
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.