Skills: Instrumentation Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Staines-upon-Thames, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood are seeking an AVEVA Instrument Administrator for a 4 week role in Staines.
Woods Project Business supports customers in the Oil, Gas, Chemicals, Energy Transition and Carbon Capture sectors delivering many major capital projects in parallel for a number of different clients.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our customers and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Wood has won many major engineering projects recently and have a requirement for an AVEVA Instrumentation Administrator to establish and support a new upstream project.
The AVEVA Instrumentation Administrator is primarily responsible for the overall establishment, administration and supervision of the AVEVA Instrumentation software application. The Administrator's responsibilities shall encompass, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate development, implementation and utilization of CAE design systems to support project and client requirements across the project lifecycle
- Provide technical support and direction to the project team of engineers and designers on the use of AVEVA Instrumentation
- Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for all users and their requirements
- Administer the project resources (e.g. databases, templates, catalogues)
- Develop customised solutions and reporting to meet project and user requirements
- Define, develop and implement system database/file structure with clients and within the Project
- Co-ordinate and implement interfaces with other project systems, including other applications from the AVEVA suite (e.g. AVEVA Engineering, AVEVA P&ID, AVEVA PDMS/E3D)
- Co-ordinate with IT on interfacing issues and hardware/software issues related to their CAE system
- Co-ordinate and deliver in-house training requirements
- Define, develop and implement project-specific Work Instructions, Procedures, Workflows and Templates where applicable
- Adhere to and deliver against client and project standards with regards to digital delivery and any applicable BIM, Information Management and Engineering Systems processes and procedures.
- Work in a schedule-driven environment while still maintaining a focus on design quality and safety factors
The role will be Staines based and thus frequent travel to the office will be required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Proven experience in the implementation and administration of AVEVA Instrumentation and related AVEVA products and using them to drive demonstrable value from the projects on which they have been utilised
- Experience of major project execution and delivery involving the use of instrumentation computer aided engineering applications, including data handover for complex facilities to / from equipment suppliers, fabricators, constructors and ultimately the customer.
- Vendor or third-party training in the administration of AVEVA Instrumentation or demonstrable equivalent knowledge
- Experience in similar applications (e.g. SmartPlant Instrumentation) would be an advantage.
- Experience operating as a Single Point of Contact within a Major Project and able to thrive in a team-oriented environment.
- A clear and confident communicator, able to explain complex concepts and requirements to others and deliver training/awareness/presentations as required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.