Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
CEC Controls- a Wood business is currently recruiting for a Controls Engineer at our Conyers, GA location.
Duties will include:
- Perform related duties as required by company QOS policies, procedures and instructions.
- Review projects, including quotes, job specifications and resolve any quote to job specifications differences.
- System architecture, including investigating non-standard material and control panel power requirements/distribution.
- Allocate Unit specific EBM letters.
- Review specifications and standard practices, including the internal hardwired and logic standards, as well as, general specifications and scope of work.
- Design requirements, including establishing non-standard designs, generating system map layouts, generating a sequence of operations, reviewing cycle time studies and dimension switch layouts, generation of design packages, design logic, enter logic, and the design of Smart Displays. These Smart Displays include Screens, PLC Logic and Entering descriptions.
- Material responsibilities include advance material order, specifying Mod Box material, Specifying Panel Material, Writing Mod Box material EBM's and writing panel material EBM's.
- Assist in installation.
- Debug with no additional support. Launch and Standby. As Builts.
- Gather baseline data per Specifications.
- Complete quality defect report.
- Submit As Builts to Project Engineer. Complete Unit Cleanup sheets and submit to project engineer.
Travel to unanticipated sites throughout the United States required.
Skills / Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or related field, and 3 years of experience in the position offered or related occupation.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.