Skills: Electrical Engineering, LNG
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for an experience LNG Electrical Engineer for the Houston, TX Office. Local candidates only, as there is no relocation assistance or per diem. Must be willing to work in the client or other contractor's offices as needed.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Responsible for producing/supervising/reviewing safe, technically accurate and cost effective electrical designs and deliverables for LNG facilities, which could include regasification and liquefaction projects. Ensuring compliance with applicable specifications and standards and completing work within project budget and schedule
- Uses technical knowledge to perform complex engineering assignments and tasks . Independently evaluates, selects, and adapts standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform tasks
- Develop select engineering deliverables including philosophies, reports, specifications, calculations, data sheets, and technical requisitions
- Design overall power systems and develop Electrical onelines, plan drawings, installation details, wiring diagrams and fabrication drawings
- Support project management personnel with regular reporting, scheduling, staffing planning and coordination
- Communicate effectively with project team, vendor and client; inform Project Lead of significant issues and changes impacting manhours, cost or schedule
Skills / Qualifications
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards applicable to the LNG, Oil & Gas/Refining industries
- Ability to discover issues and recommend solutions to technical and commercial issues uncovered during course of performing assignments
- Ability to use ETAP, SKM, or other power system study software
- Strong ethical standards. High level of awareness and commitment to safety in all aspects of daily work
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Highly motivated and demonstrates personal initiative. Possesses integrity, strong work ethic, positive attitude, and is dependable
- Accountable for results. Adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of projects
- Team player that works well with supervisors, subordinates, peers and clients
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum six years of electrical engineering experience in LNG Facilities/Projects. Additional experience in oil & gas production facilities, refining, chemical, industrial, or related industry experience is a plus
- NCEES Professional Engineering License strongly preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.