Skills: Structural Engineering
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Civil & Structural Engineer with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Contributing to the delivery of Engineering excellence through:
- Executing assigned scopes of work.
- Supporting and supervising task delegation to team.
- Providing discipline expertise to the business.
- Coaching and mentoring as delegated.
- Manage and supervise direct reports.
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Participate in audits and incident investigations as required.
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Provide discipline support to the business.
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct reports.
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution. Core Values and Behaviours:
- Provide leadership in promoting, demonstrating the company core values, ethics policy and leadership framework.
- Interact with team members in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Competent in the execution of standards, processes and procedures to effect delivery of operations excellence.
- Competent in knowledge of regulatory framework and associated legislation.
- Competent in own discipline to provide support to the business.
- Demonstrate current knowledge with industry and technology development within discipline.
- Demonstrate continual professional development.
General & Technical Competencies:
- Strong Communication in written and spoken forms.
- Strong Client Facing skills
- Participate in audit and incident investigations as required.
- Project management (basic).
- Commercial awareness.
- Civil and Structural experience, e.g. concrete, steelwork, foundation/piling design, temporary work, underground trenching, road layout study etc.
- Knowledge and experience in Geotechnical engineering (slope stability analysis experience would be advantage)
- Deputising Lead as required.
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports.
- Executing assigned personal objectives
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery.
- Be able to assist LOLER in lifting analysis, lifting plan review etc.
- Onshore / Offshore survey. Candidate with BOSIET certificate would be advantage.
- Brownfield work experience
- Working in a virtual team environment
- Wave, blast and dropped object analysis experience would be advantage
- Transportation e.g. sea-fastening, load-out etc.
- IVB interface would be advantage.
Skills / Qualifications
MSc, MEng or equivalent professional qualification or BSc, BEng or equivalent with extensive relevant experience.
Chartered Engineer or recognised equivalent
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.