Skills: Asset Integrity Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Asset Integrity Management Engineer to provide Integrity Engineering consultancy services to the Wood portfolio of clients covering subsea facilities, pipelines, risers, topsides and onshore plant.
With office in Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth, Wood offers flexibility with working from home or based in our centrally located CBD locations. Full time and part time positions are available.
On joining the team, you will be an active member of a collaborative, dynamic and technically skilled group. Our successful candidate will quickly be involved in providing consulting and engineering solutions, understanding the issues of key clients and delivering improved outcomes while balancing integrity, performance and cost.
The primary function of the Senior Integrity Engineer will be to carry out and oversee day-to-day completion of consulting work scopes, which would typically include:
- Integrity reviews and associated reports
- Anomaly assessment and management
- Development of Asset Integrity Management (AIM) documentation, such as Integrity Management Strategies
- Development of IMR philosophies
- Development of Inspection Work-packs.
- Involvement in the development and implementation of assessing damage mechanisms
- Asset Integrity Management (AIMS) programs
- Evaluate asset information to determine hazards, failure modes and risk mitigations
- Utilise spreadsheet and software systems to capture and manipulate data, identifying trends and equipment health concerns
- KPI reporting and performance metric development for system integrity
- Perform fitness for service / risk based inspection and life extension assessments
- Setup and configuration of Integrity Management Database Systems
- Development of client reports to communicate results and recommendations
- Assuming ownership of small projects, managing from start to finish following Wood's Quality Management System
- Opportunities for field / site work to support these activities
Other accountabilities will include:
- Writing and checking of technical reports
- Providing integrity engineering expertise based upon knowledge of mechanical engineering practices, asset operating environments and processes, the likelihood of failure and associated consequences
- Training and development of other team members
- Liaison with clients to develop discrete work scopes and building a professional working relationship with the client
- Adhering to Company Health, Safety, Environment and Quality policies
- Management of the delivery of specific scopes and teams to deliver these scopes
At this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those who hold Permanent Residency (PR) Visa and are able to work lawfully in Australia.
Skills / Qualifications
At Wood it takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact we are having on the global energy sector. The quality of our people are a significant contributor to our outstanding global performance, where Wood ranks No. 6 in the 2022 ENR Top 500 Design Firms and No. 2 in both Industrial Process & Petroleum and Manufacturing Sectors. We are looking for energetic people who are highly motivated, technically curious, have a 'hands on' approach, organised, proactive and are self-disciplined.
We are interested to speak with Senior Engineers with an experience level sufficient to develop and lead work-scopes, client engagements and small project, providing mentoring and guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve significant and unusual problems and generate substantial improvements to practices and procedures
- Possess working familiarity with and an ability to apply relevant codes and standards that affect integrity engineering
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge
- A well developed set of skills related to teamwork
- Proven willingness to assume responsibility and seek out opportunities
- Fluent in both written and spoken English, with good technical report writing skills
We anticipate that you will enthusiastically learn our business drivers, processes, culture and understand how integrity and reliability engineering delivers real value in the energy industry. Connecting directly with our customers, and leading and growing industry and sector engagement, you will learn and have a fundamental understanding of how interaction with our customers, their needs, and our value proposition, enables us to deliver step changes in performance for our clients.
- Experience in managing and technically leading project work and managing client relations
- Experience of managing, motivating and mentoring professional engineering specialists
- Experience in developing technical proposals and bids
- Engineering degree from a recognised university in a relevant discipline with a demonstrated career trajectory
- Chartered or Professional Engineer status, with the potential to obtain RPEQ (for Brisbane office only).
Wood has a number of offices located throughout Australia and flexibility in working location is offered, with hybrid office / home working and remote working solutions available. This role may be centred in either Brisbane, Perth or Melbourne.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.