Skills: Asset Integrity Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Wood has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Asset Integrity Engineer to join our national Integrity Management business, with offices located in Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. The role of Lead Engineer is to act as the senior member of the Asset Integrity Engineering team, providing leadership to the group and ensuring that work undertaken is delivered on time and within budget for our clients.
On joining the team, you will be an active member of a collaborative, dynamic and technically skilled group. Our successful candidate will quickly be involved in providing consulting and engineering solutions, understanding the issues of key clients and delivering improved outcomes while balancing integrity, performance and cost.
Our successful candidate will cover Asset Integrity work across a range of areas:
- Failure investigations / Root Cause Analysis
- Characterisation of materials and material selection, specifically related to the oil and gas industry both onshore and offshore
- Performing Corrosion modelling as part of material selection and/or performance reviews
- Site based troubleshooting and Fitness for Service evaluation and assessments
- Involvement in the development and implementation of asset integrity management (AIMS) programs
- Involvement in the development and execution of risk-based inspection (RBI) programs
- Evaluate asset information to determine hazards, failure modes and risk mitigations
- Assessing damage mechanisms in oil and gas industries and develop integrity procedures and processes to support AIMS
- KPI reporting and performance metric development for system integrity
- Updating Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Involvement in the optimisation of plant operations and maintenance programs
- Prepare written reports of investigation findings and recommend methods for rectification
- Support project planning, scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control
- Provide technical direction and ensure compliance with safety, quality, and legal standards
- Occasionally perform site support work to facilitate the delivery of these scopes.
At this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those who hold Permanent Residency (PR) Visa and are able to work lawfully in Australia.
Skills / Qualifications
At Wood it takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact we are having on the global energy sector. The quality of our people are a significant contributor to our outstanding global performance, where Wood ranks No. 6 in the 2022 ENR Top 500 Design Firms and No. 2 in both Industrial Process & Petroleum and Manufacturing Sectors. We are looking for energetic people who are highly motivated, technically curious, have a 'hands on' approach, organised, proactive and are self-disciplined.
Our ideal candidate will have the technical and personal qualities to deliver exceptional results. Providing inspiration and guidance, while empowering the team to develop to their potential. We are seeking a person of passion and integrity with effective communication skills and technical competence.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Materials / Metallurgy / Mechanical / Corrosion / Process / Structural / Electrical Engineering
- Relevant hands-on experience in mechanical and/or corrosion related materials (or similar) position
- Oil & Gas experience highly regarded
- Project management capability - ability to work within project, budget, schedule and resource constraints
- Committed to working in a client-focused and high service-orientated business to provide engineering solutions
- High level English literacy and report writing skills
- A high regard for, and practice of, safety and health at all times
- Ability and willingness to travel to various sites and locations including internationally as required
- Excellent computer skills including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.