Skills: Well Intervention
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is the day-to-day leadership of a team of Houston-based Installations engineers and related engineering outputs, supporting projects conducted on Oceaneering's fleet of installation vessels in the Gulf of Mexico. This includes leading a team of direct employees as well as oversight of planning, development, and validation of equipment and machinery used for offshore subsea oil field installations. Equipment and machinery may include (but is not limited to) sea fastening, rigging, pneumatic/hydraulic systems, subsea components such as jumpers, umbilical, HFL's, UTA's, and other specialty subsea products. Typical engineering project scopes may also include light construction, diving, well or flowline remediation/intervention and inspection, maintenance, and repair (IMR) work scopes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assumes leadership responsibility for an engineering group which provides detailed technical engineering and support to projects executed on Oceaneering's fleet of offshore installation vessels at the direction of Project Engineers.
- Coordinates, leads, and manages resources to provide engineering and technical support (both locally and to other global regions).
- Establishes, maintains, enforces, and improves department processes, work instructions, and procedures.
- Reviews and provides guidance to product designs to ensure compliance with engineering principles, applicable standards (e.g., AISC, ANSI, API, ASME, AWS, DNV, ISO, etc.), contract requirements and related specifications.
- Oversees and ensures that the team and individual contributors prepare consistent and accurate engineering deliverables including but not limited to:
- Design changes
- Installation aids
- Story boards and installation procedures
- Test plans
- Designs for complex rigging for offshore/subsea lifts
- Designs for project specific sea fastening (both simple and complex).
- Review Basis of Design, Basis of Analysis
- Technical Analysis reports
- Ensures compliance with Oceaneering policies, industry standards and client requirements.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Reviews engineering calculations and analysis.
- Serves as a liaison with project team members and Clients.
- Conducts periodic review meetings with Project Managers or the Project Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- BS in Engineering
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in offshore installations, vessels layout and operations methodology, IMR, and/or dive support and intervention engineering.
- Prior supervisory experience with demonstrable ability in task prioritization, delegation, meeting team objectives and personnel development.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others. Ability to encourage and facilitate cooperation, teamwork and morale.
- Must have good multidiscipline knowledge
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards
- Safety focused
- Excellent communication skills
- Good self-learning skills
- Good English writing and speaking skills
- Role provides the opportunity to work in hybrid environment, working both virtually and in office when required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.