Skills: Business Development, Marketing
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Business Analyst is responsible for establishing, maintaining, and analyzing industry and internal data while enabling/supporting the growth of the business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Own the end-to end process of tracking the sales funnel and operational metrics, delivering regular insight to Business Development Manager and Business Group leadership.
- Assist in design and implementation of BD systems (Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Power BI) capabilities to increase visibility and insight into trending and data analysis including:
- Input frequent updates to MS Dynamics CRM and Power BI
- Provide direct support to business group functional managers to ensure system/data reliability and accuracy
- Work closely with other CRM support roles within the corporate business groups
- Create system specific training materials and conduct training for functional area manages, as required
- Using MS Dynamics CRM and Power BI, create monthly content and reports for internal and corporate presentations
- Access a variety of Business Intelligence tools to monitor competitor and industry news, study competitors awarded solicitations, award amount or ceiling, POP, and other performance locations.
- Provide routine and effective communications on market and competition to Business Development teammates playing a key role in capture activities and improving PWin.
- Attend tradeshows in both support of Oceaneering marketing as well as fulfilling competition analyst data voids.
- Identify competitor's locations (capabilities & capacities), long range strategy, new markets, and growth trends.
- Support BD and Capture Managers in responding to Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposals (RFP) notices and developing/populating marketing templates through creative business writing responses. Will play a support role in proposal management.
- Create and maintain databases; enter and retrieve data; analyze, create and present reports from databases, forms and questionnaires, monitor record keeping procedures for accuracy, and compile data; review and prepare reports and debriefings.
- Contribute to competitive intelligence database by developing a thorough understanding of the federal contracting arena, to include large and small businesses.
- Perform daily searches/evaluations on Government Point of Entry (ie. SAM, Seaport NxG) for solicitations/opportunities related to the Business Unit.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- This position reports to the Project or Program Manager
- Bachelor's degree or any equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to write clear descriptions of business procedures and requirements.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to professionally interact with others at all levels across the organization in a fast paced work environment.
- Organized and detailed oriented with good time management, prioritization and follow-up skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a cross functional team.
- Strong organizational skills and analytical / logical approach.
- Ability to synthesize diverse information and exercise good judgment.
• Proficency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft Power BI data visualization software
- 4+ years Government contracting desired
- 4+ years proposal writing desired
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees, workplaces, families and communities, many of Oceaneering's clients are requiring that all individuals working at their sites be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, including employees of Oceaneering and other contractors. Accordingly, only individuals who are, or are willing to be, fully vaccinated before their start date are eligible for this position. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to prove that they are fully vaccinated prior to their start date.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.