Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Wixom, Michigan, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
CEC Controls- a Wood business is currently recruiting for a Vision Applications Engineer in Wixom, MI.
Vision applications engineers design and integrate vision systems in automation facilities.
Typical vision systems use cameras and sensors to perform the following:
• Code Readers - Reading 1D and 2D codes marked directly on a part
• Error Proofing - Verifying the components are correctly assembled
• Sorting - Different parts from each other or good form defective parts
• Gauging - Measuring parts and analyzing them to a specification
• Robot Guidance - Guiding the pick & place
In short; the majority of machine vision applications involve taking a picture of a part or assembly, and then using software tools on the camera image to measure or detect whether it is the correct part type, or if it has been assembled properly.
This position offers an opportunity to work for a solid company in the growing field of machine vision.
This position includes full benefits (including medical, dental, and 401k match), vacation, and overtime opportunities.
Knowledge of machine vision programming, optical/electrical/mechanical design, camera programming logic.This position is hand on engineering, and requires aptitude in the following areas: (On the job training will be provided)
- Electrical - Designing the vision system's electrical integration into an automated cell
- Programming - Writing programs using the camera manufacturer's interface as well as some object-orientated programming
- Mechanical - Designing the mounting of the cameras and lights into a machine or cell, knowledge of AutoCAD or Solid Works is a plus
- Optical - Designing the optical path and selecting the appropriate cameras, lensing, and lighting for the application - knowledge of photography is a plus
- Industrial controls (PLC & HMI) - knowledge of industrial controls is a plus
Skills / Qualifications
- BSEE or related field OR 3-5 years of industry experience
- Generating and documenting vision feasibility studies both in the lab and in the field
- System Architecture including investigating new approaches to vision related problems
- Reviewing general specifications and scope of work documents
- Design requirements that include; establishing optical designs, generating system mechanical layouts, generating a sequence of operations and camera logic
- Material responsibilities include; advance material order, specifying vision material, specifying panel material, writing material bill-of-materials for ordering
- Assisting in installation and debug
- Launch and standby support
- Develop "as-builts" documentation
- Complete system documentation
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
CEC Controls is a Wood Automation and Controls company.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.