Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood Vancouver services multiple industries including Mining, Pulp and Paper, Process and Energy performing consulting and EPCM services, executing world class projects on five continents
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Administrative Assistant. Reporting to the Business Development Coordinator, this position is in our Vancouver, BC office. This role has overall responsibility for providing administrative support across one or more projects and business functions such as Business Development and Commercial. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Set-up of new projects and proposals, and maintain files in SharePoint, Teams, network drives and hard copy file systems
- Support corporate reporting requirements, including maintaining the Customer Relationship Management system
- Assist with updating processes, procedures, templates, and other documentation in conformance with Wood and customer requirements
- Perform word processing tasks such as letters, memos, minutes of meetings, reports, presentation slides, etc. Documents must be accurate, written professionally and consistent in format and content
- Assist in making travel arrangements with designated Wood travel provider, including preparing travel authorizations for approval, journey management plans, travel expense forms, and other forms as required
- Support submission of proposals and other relevant documentation to customers in accordance with customer and Wood requirements
- Prepare and maintain marketing info including project lists, profiles, qualifications, and other relevant documentation
- Work with staff members to create, update and maintain their resumes in accordance with internal requirements and standards
- Assist with research projects for marketing, including customer information and market/industry trends
- Other administrative tasks as assigned, including but not limited to filing, photocopying, printing, scheduling/coordinating meetings, arranging courier and archiving of files, and arranging for catering
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of experience in an administrative role
- Advanced computer and word processing skills using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint), SharePoint, Microsoft Teams and Adobe Acrobat / Nitro PDF
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills with the ability to multitask and work under deadlines
- Exceptional customer relations and service skills
- High level of discretion when working with confidential project and corporate information
- Able to demonstrate initiative and ownership and takes pride in the quality of their work
- Able to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.