Skills: Dynamic Pressure Management (MPD / UBD)
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course. We are focused on providing a challenging and enriching career path with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course. We are an innovative, global company with wide-ranging opportunities that include career-enhancing talent rotations. Our structured career paths will ensure that you know what it takes to build your ideal career at Weatherford when you join our Company. We also offer a comprehensive benefits program, including health insurance coverage, income protection plans, a 401(k) savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off for vacation.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As the Global Commercial Manager you will be responsible for supporting the Geozones on all commercial initiatives to help establish mid/long term sales strategies to achieve growth and navigating project/opportunities for sales and commercialization process of the product line. This role is also responsible for a high-level engagement with customers, such as supporting Geozone negotiations & commercial terms and to support the Geozones in the review of commercial proposals that require approval of the Global Product Line Vice President and the Executive team.
Roles & Responsibilities
SAFETY, SECURITY & COMPLIANCE
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all activities are carried out ethically and in compliance with Company policies and procedures, relevant laws, regulations, standards and industry practices
- Responsible with being familiar with the Company's Security, Compliance & HSE policies and takes an active role in the compliance & improvement of Weatherford's Management System including meeting all reporting requirements
- Complies with the Company's Rules to Live By and all applicable rules, regulations and standards that the Company abides by
- Places Quality, Health & Safety, Security and protection of the Environment as core values while never intentionally placing employees, our processes, customers or the communities in which we live and work at risk of loss.
- Seeks continual improvement in Quality, Health, Safety, Security & protection of the Environment, taking into account responsible care, process vulnerabilities, public, customer and employee inputs, knowledge and technology and best business practices to exceed customer expectations
- In a supervisory / management role demonstrates effective safety leadership by being responsible for the health and safety arrangements of all and any subordinates and for any persons visiting them while on the Company premises to enhance the Company's commitment to safety performance
- Responsible for being familiar with the Company's Quality policies and takes an active role in the compliance and improvement of Weatherford's Management System
- Maintains service quality as immediate priorities when working across all areas of the business
- Assist Geozones with execution of commercial & sales strategies including pipeline development, management & closure, related to product line revenue goals
- Works directly with Sales & Marketing on customer Request for Proposals (RFP) and help facilitate alignment on multi-product line proposals when developing customer value proposition
- Assist on the review and preparation of tenders. Coordinate the support of the global team to guarantee fulfillment and delivery on time of the offers through the correct approval process
- Assist Geozones with the review and monitor of market trends and market share, as well as monitor competitors' performance
- Participate in marketing analysis to; develop product definitions, set launch process, identify key growth markets & develop pricing strategy in line with corporate pricing strategy guidance
- Participates in product strategy, research and development business cases, and development priority for new and emerging products/technologies
- Clearly encapsulate and express Weatherford's competitive advantages for the product line and capitalizing on them in the commercial process
- Collaborate with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, operations, global product line leaders and marketing to support product successes and market growth
- Working with the Geozones and the Global Account VP's, maintain client intimacy to collect and analyze technical, financial, marketing, and sales information for the product line
- Participate with select clients on current and future business opportunities in respect to new and emerging technology
- Maintain and communicate Project Status Reports to Executive Management
- Coordinate and support marketing on materials and sales support as needed
- Coordinate technical participation, conference request and clients' events that required global or corporate participation with Sales organization and the Geozones
- Maintains effective communications with all key stakeholders both internal
- Collect and analyze financial, marketing, and sales data for the product line relating to new technologies post product launch. Use gathered data to track product performance versus pre-launch objectives and work with product line to ensure objectives are being met
- All employees have an accountability to the organization to be financially responsible whether they are in charge of a function budget or simply their own expenses
- Costs incurred should be within approved budget and processed within agreed time frames and following the relevant financial policy and procedure
PEOPLE & DEVELOPMENT
- Employees have a responsibility for developing their own careers within the Company including completing all necessary function training to enhance their skills and experience
- Employees must complete all assigned Compliance & Company Standards training
- Employees should engage on a regular basis with their line manager to discuss their personal performance, objectives and opportunities to enhance their skills and experience to support their career potential
VISION & LEADERSHIP
- Demonstrates leadership, ethical behavior and adherence to Weatherford standards at all times
- Evaluate, plan and communicate future local market conditions and align the strategy to take advantage of any changes or opportunities
- Work with the Sales & Marketing organization and internal teams to navigate ideas and opportunities through commercialization process
- Partner with internal stakeholders to carry out market assessment and develop cases for business growth across geozones
- Commercialize business opportunities through a well-executed and timely product commercialization process in order to meet top-line sales and profit targets and provide best-in-class deliveries to our customers
- Create and execute project work plans and timelines with internal stakeholders and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements, while managing the day-to-day operational aspects of the project and scope
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of Sales, Managed Pressure Drilling, commercial operations, and contract management experience in Oil & Gas industry
- Digital (Automation and Software) experience at global or geography level
- Experience in Production and understanding of the Oil & gas Production challenges and applications
- Broad market understanding
- Strong experience of successfully leading diverse teams in different locations, remotely
- Experience in the execution of day-to-day operations and product related projects
- Ability to successfully interact with and influence diverse groups of people to deliver innovative commercial contract offerings to secure forecasted financial budgets whilst continually delivering customer commercial expectations and satisfaction
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically and be operationally rigorous
- Credible leader, financially astute with strong commercial, contractual & negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and clients
- Ability to operate successfully within a matrix management environment
- Proficiency in computer use and Microsoft Office Suite Programs
- Advanced knowledge of Weatherford's operations and products