Skills: Document Control
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is recruiting for an Senior Document Controller to join our team in Perth, Western Australia as part of its Operations APAC West business. This is an initial 12-month opportunity and anticipated to be an ongoing requirement.
Wood delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation and technical services to the oil and gas sector and enjoys long-term partnerships with some of the region's most prominent producers, actively supporting operations in Western Australia, the Northern Territory and Kazakhstan.
As Senior Document Controller, your focus will be to provide:
- Full Document Support to projects
- Assist in the development of document control systems and procedures
- Controlling, issuing and distribution of all engineering and supplier documents
- Completing document number requests, archiving and filing of hardcopies and scanning documents as required
- Assist with the filing and project close-out of documents
- Inputting data into a document management system
- Receipt and control of information from the client
- Liaising with the client and other departments, giving recommendations as required
- Promoting and providing general assistance of all aspects of document control activities
- Provide training for the Document Control team
- Managing daily workload to meet turn around KPIs
- Processing supplier documentation
Skills / Qualifications
You must be an Australian citizen or currently hold Permanent Residency (PR) and are able to work lawfully in Australia without company sponsorship.
You will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Proven Document Control experience in a similar role
- Intermediate-advanced typing skills and knowledge of main MS Applications
- Experience with Documentum would be advantageous
- Engineering and/or construction office background with direct knowledge of vendor and engineering documents is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound judgment and demonstrates a strong work ethic
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective communication and relationship building skills
- Understanding the principles of document processing
- A solutions mindset and welcome challenges, continuous skill development and participate in professional training
What will set you apart from other applicants will be your previous experience in the mining, oil & gas, or infrastructure industries. You will have excellent organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills, ready to assist all departments when required.
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of inquisitive minds to unlock tomorrows solutions to the worlds most critical challenges. Wood encourages Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.
If you are an Senior Documentation Controller looking for your next project - apply today!
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.