Skills: Contracts Administration, Legal, Contracts Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
J OB DESCRIPTION: Contract Specialist
An opportunity for a Contract Specialist to join our commercial legal department, located out of our Aberdeen office on a permanent, full-time basis. The role presents an ideal opportunity for someone who has relevant legal, supply chain or business development experience, with excellent interpersonal, analytical, and administrative skills to join our global organisation.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assists in and/or conducts the review and qualification of tenders, contracts and other forms of proposed agreements received from customers for conformity to company and contract policies, rules, and regulations across all product service lines across the UK and Europe.
- Take the lead in handling various legal matters, including but not limited to corporate secretarial, registrar function and various specialised projects.
- Supports and consults with management and the wider business on the omission of essential contract terms and recommendation of modifications in contractual documents.
- Highlight areas of risk and opportunity to all relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct contractual negotiations directly with customer.
- Promoting awareness of and ensure compliance with policies and procedures across the organisation.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve processes and procedures with a view of continuous improvements.
- Expedite solution of problems that arise in relation to organisational operations.
- Management and periodic review of existing agreements.
- Maintain a working knowledge of legal requirements, industry rules and regulation related to contractual documents, performance of work and business relationships.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience.
- Strong preference for previous legal/relevant industry background .
- Experience in legal/contractual awareness.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to develop and adapt to role requirements.
- Capable of developing and maintaining strong business relationships at all levels in the organisation.
- Flexible to multitask and adapt to changing priorities within a fast-paced global business.
- Ability to travel to undertake occasional short assignments within the UK and Europe, as required.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Howemoss Crescent, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB21 0GN, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 149859
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Legal
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.