Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
To act as the inspection focal point offshore and be responsible for the co-ordination and management of all inspection activities. Perform visual inspections of plant equipment as requested and provide endorsement in accordance with Oceaneering and Client codes of practice, strategies and relevant legislation.
- Support the line manager in the delivery of work scopes as defined within the client contract.
- Assess defects / anomalies in accordance with Oceaneering and/or client anomaly procedures.
- Report to the Offshore Installation Manager for the provision and coordination of all inspection activities.
- Coordinate provisions with asset personnel to ensure all inspection activities such as equipment. scheduling, planning and availability etc. are implemented.
- Undertake all agreed offshore inspections within the limitations of the Oceaneering issued letter of authority, ensuring they are implemented and completed as scheduled.
- Carry out visual and NDT inspection where necessary.
- Provide remedial recommendations as required and inspect the subsequent repair work for acceptance.
- Issue inspection reports within agreed timescales. Use approved templates and forms.
- Supervise Oceaneering personnel and third parties whilst offshore. Ensure that all parties understand the work scope, associated risks and that work is completed and reported as specified in the work scope.
- Review and where applicable sign acceptance of inspection reports completed by NDT Technicians or 3 rd party personnel.
- Issue status reports as required, e.g. Daily / Handover / End of Trip / Certificate of Examination.
- Attend meetings and reviews as appropriate, e.g. morning call, planning, anomaly meetings etc.
- Maintain logs and register updates in accordance with Oceaneering / client procedures whilst offshore.
- Assist with duties as directed by the Oceaneering onshore team or Client Integrity Engineer.
- HNC in relevant Engineering discipline or ONC/NVQ Level 3 (Such as in City & guilds).
- Minimum 10 years' experience in the field of plant and equipment inspection.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, codes/standards, materials, plant operations & processes etc.
- ASME Plant inspector Level 2 and/or API 510 & API 570.
- UKAS RG2 Category 3 Compatible.
- IRATA Rope Access level 3 and NDT Certificates in DPI, ECI, MPI and UT 3.1 & 3.2.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.