Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This position serves as the subject matter expert for Subsea Manufactured Products sales and is responsible for leading the strategy for that area. Primary responsibilities will be to work directly with operators and/or EPIC contractors based in North America to identify subsea field development develop opportunities, develop and execute sales plans and activities to win projects which optimizes Oceaneering's opportunities for umbilicals and distribution hardware while being cognizant of potential opportunities to expand scope for other Oceaneering provided products or services regardless of where a given project may be located globally.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Achieve and maintain a sound understanding of the products and services offered for all SSR and OPG Service Lines.
- Act as first point of contact for designated accounts; Build and maintain relationships within designated accounts to further OII business and provide best in class sales service.
- Identify and engage key buyers and contacts within each account.
- Prioritize sales efforts on high potential, higher margin opportunities.
- Support client project development by providing budgetary and/or AFE pricing and design request utilizing Technical Solution assets.
- Utilize CRM to maintain accurate and up to date records of account data, contact data, opportunity and bid data; Understand the opportunity pipeline and ensure CRM data is up to date and accurate.
- Provide forecast support utilizing CRM, Sales Funnel and the opportunity pipeline (monthly, annually, five-year plan)
- Use Miller Heiman Strategic and Conceptual Selling approach for all opportunities, including Funnel Scorecards and Sales Funnel Stages.
- Engage with our customers and suppliers to understand competitive landscape and opportunities in order to determine pricing strategies that leverage strengths and defend against weaknesses and threats on tenders.
- Review market analyses and data with department heads to determine customer needs and pricing strategies
- With Sales Management, establish performance goals aligned with account targets for year over year account growth and profitability.
- Build relationships and communicate effectively within and across OII teams to stay up to date on projects, ensure understanding of offerings, and understand potential sales opportunities.
- Ensure clients stay engaged and educated on OII products and services through workshops, lunch and learns, meetings, trade events and appropriate informal events.
- Represent Energy Products at industry trade shows, professional meetings and industry forums as deemed appropriate by regional management.
- Ensure customer feedback is communicated back into the organization and assist with Voice of Customer data gathering and collation.
- Provide regular updates on sales activities to be used for monthly update by Sales Manager.
- Actively participate in bids & proposal teams, including effective handover of relevant information.
- Actively participate in and support/adhere to procedures, safety and quality initiatives.
- Travel to various Oceaneering facilities and customer locations within Gulf Coast area. Occasional global travel may be required.
- Any other roles or tasks as required to support the sales team.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to, so far as is reasonably practicable, in order to ensure a safe working environment.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 10 years of related experience in Oil & Gas industry.
- Minimum 7 years of experience selling various products across multiple business lines.
- Minimum 7 years of experience delivering large multimillion-dollar sales results annually, including successfully winning large and strategic projects.
- Business acumen to understand risk and challenges.
- Working knowledge of and competent in Microsoft Office, CRM and Internet.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25%.
- MBA or Engineering Degree
- Measurable financial target driven to achieve above 70% success rate on annual sales targets
- Fluent in Spanish and English
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Self-starter who is comfortable in professional sales environment and able to execute Miller Heiman sales process
- Ability to gain customers trust while executing sales strategy
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that management and sales team are kept informed about developments and plans as appropriate
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
The position will be Hybrid - Remote work until our return to the office post-pandemic. Employees are expected to be able to travel to their designated office as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.