Skills: Engineering Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Cyber Systems Engineer applies a working knowledge of cyber security fundamentals to provide guidance to the division's engineering and design activities relating to maintaining and optimizing integrity of underwater systems data. Under the direction of a Program Manager, the Cyber Systems Engineer will be required to interact with other OTECH personnel and clients to guide engineering efforts in order to meet client requirements. The Cyber Systems Engineer identifies threats and vulnerabilities in systems and software, then applies their working knowledge to develop and implement solutions that defend against necessary threats. The Cyber Systems Engineer will provide guidance for the accreditation and design of underwater systems cyber security requirements. This position requires an active TS/SCI with CI Poly. This position is Hybrid/Remote to Hanover, MD. Hybrid/Hanover employees are expected to be able to commute to Hanover, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate cybersecurity requirements and implement into necessary processes and systems
- Characterize cyberattack surface
- Identify and analyze cooperative vulnerability
- Develop system cross-functional cyber analysis
- Advise on RMF compliance tasks/documents (security assessment plan, etc.)
- Security configuration management (assess planned services for risk and impact)
- Develop system-level security architecture
- Design, develop, and implement system security measures that meets technical requirements
- Develop and implement specific security countermeasures for the system
- Develop approaches to mitigate system vulnerabilities
- Ensure the design of hardware, operating systems, and software applications adequately address cybersecurity requirements for the system
- Displays excellent technical judgment, attention to detail, and ability to look at the "big picture" in system design
- Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to problems.
- Prepares reports and presents results to management and client.
- Tenacious personality
- Responsible for letters of volatility, clearing procedures, addressing new cyber issues caused by obsolescence/system upgrades
- Contacts vendors for information on data stored/contained on devices '
- Creates letters of volatility for hardware developed in house
- Provide link between systems, software, electrical, ILS and cyber groups at Oceaneering to resolve cyber security issues
- Introduce innovative design concepts to achieve optimal cyber system security
- Craft engineering decisions to be NIST compliant across all disciplines
- Understanding of cyber risks and vulnerabilities and ability to appropriately convey concerns to program management, lead engineers and customers
- Participation in government audits
- Support system and software testing (bench, floor, at sea, etc
Work closely with the Systems Engineer Manager and Program Manager to ensure that Systems Engineering tasks are completed in a timely manner, including tasking engineering personnel to complete analyses, trade papers, tests, etc.
- BS degree in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical or Systems Engineering. Commensurate experience will be considered.
- 5+ years of practical experience in Cyber Systems Engineering.
- Experience with
- contributing to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation, including system engineering plans, , requirements specifications, and interface control documents
- Developing system requirements and derived requirements. assisting with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
- participating in the development of system engineering documentation, including system engineering plans, initial capabilities documents, requirements specifications, and interface control documents
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office environment
- Forward leaning personality that is a strong and effective communicator
- Must be a US citizen.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly required
- Master's degree in Cyber Engineering or related field.
- Work experience with US Department of Defense.
- May be widely recognized for achievements, technical expertise, and professional standing within selected field.
- Ability to write strong, decisive clearing procedures
- Understanding the relationship between memory and firmware in terms of stored data and assuring its clearability
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.