Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The purpose of this position is to assist and be responsible for small to medium size projects with the timely provision of engineering deliverables i.e review of design specification, part numbers, BOMS and drawing calculations, review of design analysis while also meeting all other required outcomes to meet/exceed and support business needs.
- Individual contributor who can work independently under limited supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace or Civil with knowledge of traditional stress analysis techniques.
- Relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of Industry codes ASME Section VIII, ASME B31.8, ASME B31.3, API 6A,
- Application knowledge of standard carbon steel and stainless steel materials, standard NDE practices and mechanical testing.
- Ability to be an individual contributor at appropriate level.
- Ability to apply basic knowledge to job under general supervision.
- Contributes to completion of routine tasks.
- Explains basic facts, practices and policies to internal/external parties.
- Previous experience in a related environment is necessary
- Experience working in the Oil & Gas, Manufacturing or related industry is desirable.
- Chartered engineer
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.