Skills: Marine Engineering, Structural Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Engineer II will be part of a team for Houston based engineering activities in support of projects performed with Oceaneering's Offshore Projects Group (OPG) installation vessels. The Engineer II is responsible for supporting technical aspects for projects that will be executed predominately in the Gulf of Mexico. Typical work scopes will include but not be limited to installations, light construction, diving and inspection, maintenance and repair (IMR) work scopes. Engineering planning will be conducted from Houston based office with offshore support of the project offshore onboard installation vessels as required. The Engineer II will report to the Installation Engineering Team Lead.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carries out tasks as assigned by Project Engineers and the Installation Engineering Team Lead. Tasks would predominately be focused on technical issues but will sometimes require administrative functions.
- Responsible for the installation engineering of subsea hardware including field and offshore support.
- Author design specifications and test plans for installation equipment and subsea hardware. This may include locating equipment and vendor selection.
- Conduct engineering calculations and analysis.
- Calculations will include hand calculations and/or engineering calculation software
- Analysis will include both beam element and dynamic motion analysis
- Author design reports, analysis reports and technical memos.
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and System Integration Tests (SIT).
- Prepare presentations and technical papers.
- Interface inside and outside a meeting setting with project team members and Clients.
- Perform non-engineering activities such as oversight of offshore operations and on-site oversight of OPG projects and subcontractors.
- Ability to work onshore and offshore, predominately in the Gulf of Mexico up to 20%.
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Structural, Mechanical, Civil or Ocean Engineering)
- Min Two (2) years engineering experience including experience with;
- Classical analytical methods
- 2D CAD, 3D CAD
- Structural analysis software.
- Must be able to obtain:
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Petroleum Education Council (PEC) Basic Training
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET)
- Experience in installation of subsea hardware and umbilical
- Practical experience with engineering such as MathCAD; AutoCAD; Solidworks; Orcaflex; ANSYS and/or Risa3D.
- Experience with conflict resolution and change management
- MS Office.
This position is considered 80% OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
This position is considered 20% OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The position will be Hybrid - Remote work until our return to the office post-pandemic. Employees are expected to be able to travel to their designated office as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.